Look What I've Just Bought (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Just been down to my local dealer and put 50% down on a new bike. Woo hoo, happy boy.

It'll be here in 2 weeks :)

beta-crosstrainer-300-1.jpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Can you go on the motorways now with a bike not exceeding 50cc? :):)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Very nice,
Had a look at that one to replace my IT 490 when i sold it.
Unfortunately health issues has put paid to my off road adventures:(

The last few trials bikes I had were the Beta Factory 300 Evo’s.
The only problem I have found with the Beta’s is the fasteners tend to vibrate loose so when I got a new bike I use to strip it down and threadlock all the bolts/screws back on...lost a kickstart twice on a trial once when it kept coming loose luckily someone behind me found it!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
No less than 300cc I hope?
Yup, the 300 version. My mate has lent me his a couple of times, to get a proper opinion of them :)

Funnilly enough, his dad had been lending me his KTM Freeride and I was hooked on that. Then he said to try his son's Beta, and was even more happy :)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Really - are we going back to two strokes?
Why not? Mechanically simpler, more power per cc, superb response. Emission problems are the only reason big ones are off the road and racetrack. A friend prepares them for hovercraft racing: 890cc, 150+hp, no ECU. What's not to like?:)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Why not? Mechanically simpler, more power per cc, superb response. Emission problems are the only reason big ones are off the road and racetrack. A friend prepares them for hovercraft racing: 890cc, 150+hp, no ECU. What's not to like?:)

You don't have to sell me on 2 strokes, all five of my present bikes are two strokes - I love 'em.
I just pleased they are making a comeback.
The value of all old 2 strokes are going through the roof - buy 'em while you can.

Oh - and you forgot the thrill of the crazy 2 stroke power band.:Eeek:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You don't have to sell me on 2 strokes, all five of my present bikes are two strokes - I love 'em.
The value of all old 2 strokes are going through the roof - buy 'em while you can.

No l didn't :D2.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….

Always had two strokes and love the sound of them, I tried a four stroke trials bike for a season a few years ago but could not get on with the power delivery..
Had a clear out of my classic bikes last year and just kept the 400E, will be building a few more again next year..
Wife was happy when I started selling bikes:)
Luckily she does not come in my garage so won’t see when I start buying a few:LOL:

The power band on my 400E still makes me smile even after 17 years, first and second and the front wheel is up...

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Still got one stinkwheel and keeping it!!

"Stinkwheel", now there's a phrase you don't here to often these days.
I've got 2 x CycleMasters and a Trojan Mini Motor plus a Mk2 Swallow Gadabout Commercial and one in bits and three Swallow Gadabout's solo's awaiting some care and attention.
Nearly forgot the Fanny Barnett Powerbike 50 and a very understanding wife or she does not understand me and lets me get on with it. o_O

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I used to ride Kawasaki KDX200/220's, love the two strokes.
I would look at the Beta Trainer if I ever had a chance again.
Went on a Spainish trip with mates, the company used KTM 400 and I never gelled with them all week-end.
I'm jealous (y)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Those Beta's are nice bikes, enduro scene is full of them, we have just gone off a 300 2T back to a 450 4T because we ran out of stuff to do with it .

Great tool if you have somewhere to ride it, which you obviously do.

Enjoy

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Finally got the bike home in the LMH. I've taken the GSXR in it many times, but the bouncy sussers made it a nightmare to fasten down

Gotta run it in so decided on a gentle run up the remote coast road. Engine is awesome and wants to rev, but I had to behave <Broken link removed>

Suspension is way out and was making my teeth rattle over the corrugated paths and tracking on rocky paths wasn't helped. But I can get it sorted. Pal's lad has the same bike.

Had a great big smile on my face all the ride <Broken link removed>

I know I'm gonna bin it at some time, just didn't want to do it on first ride

20171219_132725.jpg

20171219_134915.jpg

20171219_133210.jpg

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Then it went tits up. I heard summat rattling behind and found the whole rear mudguard held on by only 2 loose screws. Tightened them as best I could without tools and turned back home. 3 more stops to tighten. Got home with last screw about to fall out <Broken link removed>

Drove to shop and they gave me a handful of screws as I asked for. Weren't quite right so put it back in LMH and took it back. They went off to buy the proper screws and loctited them all in, properly.

Spent a couple of hours fettling it in the garage when I got home. I went round the bike properly. Lots of the bodywork screws needed nipping up, but all the engine and cycle parts were OK.

Then set all the levers to fit just right. I just stood there and marvelled as it's a beautiful machine. Like Iccy said about his MV, lots of bits are individually beautiful.

20171219_143428.jpg

And the free frame guards did their job as my big boots scuffed them to flip in just one ride. The frame paint wouldn't last long.

20171219_181109.jpg

And a gtatuitous pic of me nearly finished garage

20171219_185944.jpg

Last edited:

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I have been caught out enough times now to bolt check everything i can get at before riding owt new, its an excuse to get the bike in the house if nowt else.. and those frame protectors are nice, we got some Acerbis ones.

Rear brake lever is lovely.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Last time I was on a KTM I lost a front tooth, now if this'd happened while I was being nuts I'd have understood it, but I lost the tooth just ten feet from the van as I was lining it up to go in the van. :eek::cry::( All sing along....All I want for Christmas is my..... ..... ....
I'm not jealous at all.... not even a wee bit, err a lot oh sod it I'd love that bike. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back