Loo seat on a Majestic 165 (elddis) (1 Viewer)

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
:crying: Hi all,

as previously posted we bought our van above, many weeks ago. After the initial, obvious things we found on the handover needed attention we took our newest family member home with a date to return it in order for the dealer to rectify them.

We didn't actually stay the night in it (on our driveway) as advised as we felt the mattress felt slightly damp and the cleanliness within was dubious in the extreme !!

Our van is not 'new' however it is just 3 years old and there are things we feel aren't right...................

1. the toilet lid does not stay aloft when in the main position so it would be leaning on your back whilst assuming 'the position'. (Dealer said 'that is just the design' ????????????)

2. The mosquito net positioned in the dining/lounge area roof has a gap of approx. 1/2 inch either side therefor rendering it useless (ditto above, so the point of it being there is ???????????)

3. The habitation door does not fit flush with the mh unless it is 'slammed' shut. (dealers say they cannot see this is a problem in that the door needs to be closed 'firlmy' ??????????)

I have found a thread here in reference to the 165 (+ others) but it was some time ago and not specific to the 165..............

Help ??

:madder::madder::madder::madder:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Can only help regarding regarding the toilet seat/cover. I have a 155 and if you have a swing-out basin???? and it's not FULLY pushed home, the seat and cover won't go back far enough and hence (if you are in the sitting position) the seat cover keeps falling forward and hits your back. Hope that makes sense?

Can't help with the 'mosquito net'. In fact, it's more a fly screen than being an absolute mosquito-tight net.

My door has a 'first click' and then a fully closed operation. I don't have to slam it, but do have to push it closed firmly.

All in all, I'm very happy with my van. Hope you can sort these niggles. You get niggles even if you pay 80k!!

James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
LAM

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Thanks all, we are collecting our van on tues (again), and will make sure the dealers are aware of our concerns. We have a 3 year warranty so hopefully this will cover most of our worries ???

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Thanks all, we are collecting our van on tues (again), and will make sure the dealers are aware of our concerns. We have a 3 year warranty so hopefully this will cover most of our worries ???

Don't bet on it:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back