Loo cassette stuck in position (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
The MH toilet flap is closed BUT I still cannot pull the blasted cassette out. I've just poured in a bucket of warm soapy water to try and free it. Any other ideas?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
If you open the external hatch and look at the top of the cassette you will sometimes find that cables/pipes have come out of their clips above the cassette thus blocking the removal of the cassette. Push these pipes/tubes/cables upwards whilst you carefully try to ease the cassette out of the hatch. Once the cassette is out you can use some strong tape to fasten them back where they should be.

Reactions: f6c

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
From the outside of van look inside the cassette locker up and to the right.
There is a mechanism and the screw often comes out, had this happen a couple of time on my past van.
From memory you can manually move it with you fingers to release the cassette. Then resolve the problem with the fitting...

Saddle bracket... Thats the name i was trying to think of...
https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/w...-thetford-c-200cs-cassette-and-spares#ppSales[iframes]/4/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Thanks for your replies. The warm soak has freed the cassette. Just like a hot bath and radox!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for your replies. The warm soak has freed the cassette. Just like a hot bath and radox!
If it was just the rubber seal sticking, a tube of silicon grease should fix it and it frees up the slide a treat. You can get silicon sprays but the effect wears off very quickly. A proper grease from a tube is much more long lasting. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back