Longnor Wood Holiday Park (1 Viewer)

Mar 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
I'm a newbie
Anyone stayed at Longnor Wood Holiday Park ? If so what's your thoughts ? Thanks in advance.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Don't know it but it has good reviews

OP
OP
Neardonny
Mar 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Janine but I wanted to know if any members had thoughts on it đź‘Ť

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We were there a few years ago , it was a nice spot with walking nearby , I seem to remember it being a bit of a trek to the pub.

It looks to have been developed a fair bit since we were last there, it was simply a campsite then :giggle:

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Stayed there about 10 yrs ago i think it was adults only and at the time they did a low season offer of 3 for 2 nights. I really liked the site, well organised but as stated a bit of a walk to village.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Not been to the site, but my Auntie lived fairly close by. Unless the weather was sunny, it was always pretty bleak up there!

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Access to the site is long narrow road, would it like to be in anything too big or towing.

It used to be adults only. We used it 2-3 times a year until the site owners/family started to get rude and pedantic.

It was a popular place, so it was a take it or leave it attitude. Here are a couple of examples .

The son of the owner accused us and almost everyone else staying at the site as being “I think all you motorhomes and caravaners are all alcoholics, the amount of bottles and cans we have to clear away”. This was the Sunday morning after the family had just had a big party with their children and grandchildren.

On another occasion, they watched us set up our awning, then told us we needed to move over a foot.

Last straw was when we had packed up at 10pm and gone inside before the 11pm Curfew, I went outside at 11:05 pm Looking for my mobile I had left outside, my wife shouted from inside “it’s here” just as Mr Big, the owner came over and Demanded we be quiet.

He would have got a mouthful, but for the fact he had his telling off to a tee. Appear, SHOUT, disappear in an instant.

Day we left, informed them it would be our last visit. Their response was, “plenty more where you caMe from (sporting smug grins).

not sure what it’s like now. I think they were starting to sell those expensive lodges that generate millions of £ income.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Access to the site is long narrow road, would it like to be in anything too big or towing.

It used to be adults only. We used it 2-3 times a year until the site owners/family started to get rude and pedantic.

It was a popular place, so it was a take it or leave it attitude. Here are a couple of examples .

The son of the owner accused us and almost everyone else staying at the site as being “I think all you motorhomes and caravaners are all alcoholics, the amount of bottles and cans we have to clear away”. This was the Sunday morning after the family had just had a big party with their children and grandchildren.

On another occasion, they watched us set up our awning, then told us we needed to move over a foot.

Last straw was when we had packed up at 10pm and gone inside before the 11pm Curfew, I went outside at 11:05 pm Looking for my mobile I had left outside, my wife shouted from inside “it’s here” just as Mr Big, the owner came over and Demanded we be quiet.

He would have got a mouthful, but for the fact he had his telling off to a tee. Appear, SHOUT, disappear in an instant.

Day we left, informed them it would be our last visit. Their response was, “plenty more where you caMe from (sporting smug grins).

not sure what it’s like now. I think they were starting to sell those expensive lodges that generate millions of £ income.
They used to be a curmudgeonly lot up there, snowed in for most of the year all on their owns down long tracks, and looked after the pennies, but most of them heart of gold when needed.
I worked up there building the school and fire station when I hadn't long left school and I'm afraid a lot of their ways rubbed off on me.

OP
OP
Neardonny
Mar 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
I'm a newbie

Wow how long ago was that 🤔

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Been there last year - good site with no issues. Snowed whilst we were there and all access was cleared very quickly. We have 7.5mtr plus TOAD no access issues for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back