Longleat - Christmas - Motorhome & Caravan Site? (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I know that in past years the Chinese night lights exhibit has been very popular and friends who have been to see it say that it was spectacular and worth visiting.
Longleat is in itself a good value visit in my opinion but I have not stayed on the campsite which is just outside the exit gates.
Bath Christmas market also worth a visit if you don’t mind a few crowds and can use the P&R.

Last edited:

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I stayed by joining club at show giving me free nights at one of there sites by being a ,member you get cheaper entry also. The Santa train visit is very very good but you must book our eldest grandson is convinced he see the real Father Xmas the are clever in how they do this. I very much doubt you will regret it we will be taking our youngest grandchildren in a year or 3. Oh and the chinese lights are amazing and the house has a pantomime theme through out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
If you want to stay at the CAMC site, it might be worth checking to see if pitches are still available.
It's well worth visiting Longleat over the Christmas period, even if it means staying further away...

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We are booked to stay at longleat in November this year with East Hants CMC. Apparently they go every year I am told. We booked it back in January with them. We have stayed on the club site before but not for the lights and there was nothing better than cycling around some of the grounds after everyone had left and all was closed. Very nice site. We are looking forward to it.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
We are booked to stay at longleat in November this year with East Hants CMC. Apparently they go every year I am told. We booked it back in January with them. We have stayed on the club site before but not for the lights and there was nothing better than cycling around some of the grounds after everyone had left and all was closed. Very nice site. We are looking forward to it.

CYCLING ROUND LONGLEAT!!

Are you mad!!! You’d be xmas dinner for em!! Lol

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Not been at Christmas, but my sister took my nephew last winter and said the lights were really good. We stayed at the CAMC site in the summer, taking Cindy’s 2 grandkids there with us. Very conveniently placed to walk into longleat and you can clearly hear some of the wildlife from your pitch. Cue stories about escaped lions and missing children to scare said grandkids.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We stayed on the CMC site two years ago in December, did the Santa train with our Grandchildren, the park and enjoyed the Festival of Lights

All very good

As it was a family gathering there were four Motorhomes and two caravans meeting up, all members and we faced the inevitable arguements from the CMC wardens being dicks for the sake of it, suggesting that pitches were reserved, so not possible to park near each other

Strangely after I said I was calling CMC Head Office to clarify the rules on “ reserving pitches” I’d not Googled the number before, low and behold, they ‘could’ shift a couple of vans around (the way he said it it was if he needed to manhandle them personally instead of a couple of mouse clicks) so we ended up all in same area, much better when you have Children/Granchildren in a family group

Great weekend overall and we intend to do it again

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We went in december chinese lights fantatic house lovely
Stayed on ccm site .

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My brother had a ( full) beer fridge nicked from the site there.:(:mad:

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

How was it?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Thanks everyone.

Did I read something about the entrance direct from CMC entrance being closed off?

You can no longer wander around the grounds to the house without buying a ticket. Shame - it used to be my favourite part of staying at the CMHC site.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We stayed a week in the summer a few years ago. Then you could cycle around the grounds after the place was closed. I’m not sure if you can do that now. I remember we cycled up to the front of the house and took photos of the grandchildren with their bikes at the bottom of the steps. All of a sudden a voice from somewhere said “ move along no photos taken there please”. Obviously security.
You had to pay for admission to longleat as well as fees for CMC. Things may have changed.
We are going next weekend to see the lights. We are booked in with East Hants CMC

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back