Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Every now and then I return to my native Pompey to visit family, a long weekend just about does it. This trip I caught up with Popeye (griff) at his lovely home
53ae34ac.jpg

now how do I get my boat in there. The property has its own mooring ad the bottom of the garden. Magic.
I guess the boat/fishing trip will have to be next time mate.
I also caught up with my old mate Del, (Novawight) at our favorite spot at the Ship inn, Langastone.
ff19bc3e.jpg

The motor cruiser pulled up right in front of the van.
182ad95d.jpg

The weather was fantastic as you can see
5aedf960.jpg

I wish I had taken my dinghy with me, I would have stayed a week.
c465f323.jpg

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thought there would be some pics of you in your Canoe :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nice looking pics Roger

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Now now Gerry, I sold that, but after seeing these am looking for another
aad5b76a.jpg

81742bc7.jpg

Just across the water from port solent is what used to be Vospers shipyard, I supplied and manned a safety boat when the shiplift was built. Floated into a wet dock the boat were positioned over a railway dolly, the lift then raised the ship out of the water so it could be wheeled into the shed. At the time I remember they had an order for fast patrol boats for the Argentine Navy. But ships as large as minesweepers could be lifted in this way. A ship can be seen on the dolly ready to be pulled into the shed
ddb527a5.jpg

to test the ship lift originally they filled a dumb barge with water, it took a couple of days, hee hee. Should have let me try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Wildman, thanks for posting your pictures. Being a Pompey exile too, it was good to see some familiar places.

regards, Roy

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Nice photos.

Love the position of your house Popeye:thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
For the ornithologists a picture taken in Chichester harbour of Brent geese. the harbours of Langstone and Chichester are the largest breeding grounds for these geese in Europe
9887eb13.jpg

The chalk southdown form the backdrop to Portsmouth harbour and help protect it from the worst of the winter weather. Chalk was extracted by the thousands of tons for use in the construction of the Motorways.
e2b228a5.jpg

Portsmouth is well worth a visit with its Royal Dockyard housing museums, "the Warrior", HMS Victory, and the Mary Rose Henry V111 flagship.
it is also a place where you can fish, sail or just lay around watching the water.
d24e342b.jpg

Unless of course you have the means of popping off to France at the drop of a hat, hee hee
ca999db6.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back