Long term sites within reach of Feltham - advice please (1 Viewer)

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
Art'noon All

Waiting for Sue outside the dentist on Thursday when the day suddenly got worse (trust me, Sue visiting the dentist isn't a fun outing :whistle2: ). The phone rang and I received an offer of employment !!! :eek::oops:o_O(n):doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Long story short the job is in Feltham (West London just inside the LEZ) and I need somewhere to park Bertha the (non LEZ compliant) Burstner within reasonably close commuting distance at reasonable price from the end of September (when the friendly club site at Laleham closes). Ideally I need somewhere into the new year with an option to stay longer......)

Any and All suggestions very welcome

Thanks All (y)

Barry

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Barry, can't help with recommendations for sites, but you have my sympathy re having to go to work. Hopefully it won't be for too long!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
have a word with Gail Ourcampersbeentrashed, she will know of a site. with adjacent transport.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Open all year but I've not stayed there, 3o minute drive to Feltham or £10 on the train. Standard pitch is £22. a night but if your there a while a deal could be done I'm sure.

California Chalet & Touring Park
Nine Mile Ride
Finchampstead
Wokingham
Berkshire
RG40 4HU
Contact Us
If you have any comments or questions please leave a message or call the office on
0118 9 733 928
Out of office hours please contact 07447 475 833.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Open all year but I've not stayed there, 3o minute drive to Feltham or £10 on the train. Standard pitch is £22. a night but if your there a while a deal could be done I'm sure.

California Chalet & Touring Park
Nine Mile Ride
Finchampstead
Wokingham
Berkshire
RG40 4HU
Contact Us
If you have any comments or questions please leave a message or call the office on
0118 9 733 928
Out of office hours please contact 07447 475 833.

Have stayed there to visit family at Wokingham . Is an ok site with modern facilities and by the looks if it quite a few long term folks on site so as said I am sure a deal could be done. Only disadvantage is that it us down quite a long forest road so a bit of a walk to the main road .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
You could try Chertsey C&CC site. You're very near Feltham from there.

I agree that California CP is a bit out of the way. Strange people live very close by, you know. Myself and Peter are two examples of local oddities.

OP
OP
SueBaz

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
All

Thanks for advice, very welcome. Am now sorted (hopefully) til the end of September which gives me some space to look at all these. By then of course one of several things may have happened:
  1. The urge to return to gainful employment may have deserted me, :whistle2:
  2. The company , who I've contracted for in the past, may have decidedI really have become an old Git and lost interest; :swear2: or
  3. I'll be broken !!!! :Eeek:
Thanks again

Barry (y)

OP
OP
SueBaz

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH