Long term campers/caravanners, just got first motorhome (newbies) (1 Viewer)

Bazzermc

Free Member
Feb 7, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, been watching this site for a few weeks and enjoying the banter and advice.
We are Paula and Barry and have just got our first motorhome - an Autotrail Cheyenne 696se.
We have been camping and caravaning for 39 years, now retired decided to try driving our home instead of tugging.
I do have a question - before our first trip I need to put an anchor point in the MH to hook up our 2 dogs harnesses, don't want them joining us in the front if we have to stop quick - anyone have suggestions?
We look forward to joining in some of the "fun" events.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to Fun sorry can't help you re anchor point but someone will be along I am sure who can. Lots of various Fun rally's and meets looking forward to saying hello at one. :welc:

Deleted User
We have one on each bench, so two of the dogs get a bench each, the third is behind passenger seat, far enough away they wont hit it. Depends on your layout if anchoring to floor think about access to stuff if you make a quick stop, we used to anchor to floor at the rear, then we realised moving an 11 year old chocolate quickly to get to the loo was easier said than done :LOL:

Lin

Ps sorry hello and welcome too :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SMB
OP
OP
Bazzermc

Bazzermc

Free Member
Feb 7, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Lin, good point, it will need to be floor anchor, or in side of the furniture. Will make sure they are not blocking us, especially for the loo....

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hello Bazzer. 39 years experience eh? Blimey! That puts most of us in the shade.

Haven't got any dogs, so just saying Hi.

Happy travels
James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
welcome_cat.gif

Reactions: SMB
OP
OP
Bazzermc

Bazzermc

Free Member
Feb 7, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, thanks for the "welcomes", we look forward to meeting some of you on our travels.
I have fitted 2 dog anchor points, which are reinforced with thick ply and floor brackets, so they should be secure.
We have decided to call our MH " Penny" as she has been purchased from one of my pension payouts.
First outing is Bracelands, Forest of Dean, this weekend, so if any funsters are there please come and say hello - Autotrail Cheyenne 696 with English springer and red Merle collie.

Barry & Paula

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back