Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Hi All
A friend has just been told that he may need to register his Motorhome in Greece in order to stay more than 90 days; sounds odd to me but has anyone any experience of this?
Thanks in advance
Peter

OP
OP
peter21
Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Didn’t quite get his drift; the question is about avoiding the Schengen limit with a golden visa:
So any experience of keeping a Motorhome with UK plates in Greece long term under golden visa scheme?
Thanks
Peter

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Didn’t quite get his drift; the question is about avoiding the Schengen limit with a golden visa:
So any experience of keeping a Motorhome with UK plates in Greece long term under golden visa scheme?
Thanks
Peter
Greek golden visa is one of the cheapest at £250k (property purchase) and a lot less restrictive than the Spanish or Portuguese ones. It still means that you're not supposed to stop more than 90 /180 in other Schengen member countries and in theory as Greece doesn't share a land border they should be able to tell. It's the usual question - are they going to be bothered to enforce it for a few motohomers?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Greek golden visa is one of the cheapest at £250k (property purchase) and a lot less restrictive than the Spanish or Portuguese ones. It still means that you're not supposed to stop more than 90 /180 in other Schengen member countries and in theory as Greece doesn't share a land border they should be able to tell. It's the usual question - are they going to be bothered to enforce it for a few motohomers?

Jon

I understood that the Greek and other schemes actually gave Citizenship and therefore an EU passport s o that the 90/180 rule does not apply. I have Polish Residency to which the 90/180 applies but I paid nothing for it, so why would one pay €250k for the same?

We have just travelled down through Italy by ferry to Greece and back and there were no passport checks.

Geoff

Deleted User
Jon

I understood that the Greek and other schemes actually gave Citizenship and therefore an EU passport s o that the 90/180 rule does not apply. I have Polish Residency to which the 90/180 applies but I paid nothing for it, so why would one pay €250k for the same?

We have just travelled down through Italy by ferry to Greece and back and there were no passport checks.

Geoff
Because there are now very few other options for UK citizens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back