Long stay insurance? (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
I'm going to France / Spain probably for max 5 months. Who should I look at for long stay insurance.
Is it best to book annual
Or cheaper for single trip?

OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013

I am in the caravan and camping club but they use Intana ( Collinson insurance) who a friend had a bad experience with.
I don't think insurance is expensive, but I'm not prepared to pay more then I need to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
sue , have you used insure and go yourself?
I went with them then today checked my documents ( I'm already here) and realised they've made lots of mistakes and that on paper I'm not insured till next month. I've finally got my premium back and the reviews of them
On review centre are terrible

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
If you have a Nationwide Flex Plus account, you get free travel insurance unless you have some medical conditions. We are insured for a year, with a maximum of 4 month trips, cost us £230.00 for the year and includes medical conditions. The four months can be increased to six months if required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I've just done an annual quote with europesure for Pete and I - premium including IPT - over £500. This is very good indeed actually cos most people won't touch either of us with a bargepole or it's well into 4 figures.

It's very good for Pete including his prostate cancer and me my diabetes - cos should either of us meet with an accident and need hospital treatment for something entirely different - either of those things could have a knock on effect on the treatment of something entirely different. Anything that requires immediate hospital treatment for the two existing conditions - or indeed anything else - is likely to be an emergency and firmly come under EHIC anyway - cos we'd have had to run out of self treatment options at the stage before we even took ourselves to A&E. Last time I needed a paramedic for diabetes was in 2008 - and I gave up doing what led up to it not long afterwards.

However - at our age that's with £100 excess, so you can say £600+ a year really. £50 a month for something we never intend using ....... myself I still think it's too expensive for us to do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back