Long roadwork section/delays Belgium A15 (1 Viewer)

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you are heading to the Luxembourg area, possibly then forward to Germany, Switzerland and Italy etc, note there is a long, (about 20 miles) section of resurfacing on the A15 motorway in Belgium, to the east of Charleroi and as far as the junction at Namur with the A4. Delays more than possible.

Suggest going via Ostend, Brussels and towards Namur that way. Its about five miles longer than the route via Lille, but probably worth it at present.

A lot of resurfacing has already been done in Belgium - huge improvements!

Russell

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Always seem to get held up around Brussels by traffic, so I think I'd rather risk the road works. The traffic usually seems to flow quite well, and the resurfacing is welcome.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Brussels is Flemish for traffic, unless you have a push bike you'll always get stuck some where there.

Will be heading across that way next week to see a customer, early start me thinks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I'm heading that way in the summer. Are the road works likely to be done by then? Taa.

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
We did the Lille Charlroi Namur Arlon luxembourg bit day before yesterday and it was ok slow in parts but isn't everywhere? Road surface much better thank goodness.
Mind you we did have an interesting deviation when he WMBO decided not to take the left lane as advised by me and tom tom, :Doh: but to explore a 50 mile detour ont the way to Brussels instead of Luxemburg!:cry:
Lucille Staging Lady

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back