London Ultra Low Emission Zone being extended (1 Viewer)

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Both are at fault IMO, the hooligan cyclist element in London in particular are a real problem.
Thats just laughable compared to the damage vehicles do, both to the environment and people.

A few high profile instances of problem cyclists and some how the world is ending. Pollution from vehicle kills thousands a year and yet we dance around the problem.

Reactions: JJ
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thats just laughable compared to the damage vehicles do, both to the environment and people.

A few high profile instances of problem cyclists and some how the world is ending. Pollution from vehicle kills thousands a year and yet we dance around the problem.
Did you miss the start of the thread? its about the ULEZ being extended

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Nobody has come up with viable solutions to feed a city that size with , goods, food and services without hgv and moving people about for work and serving the people who live there yet.
most goods used to come into london by train or barge neither of which meet todays on time delivery needs plus the railway companies found selling of all the goods yards for housing and offices a much better retrurn for share holders

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
most goods used to come into london by train or barge neither of which meet todays on time delivery needs plus the railway companies found selling of all the goods yards for housing and offices a much better retrurn for share holders
And what is used to service the railroad, hgv . The track, sleepers , ballast, transported by hgv to the side of the line.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
It's about Khan not being able to balance the books.
Of course it is, he would not want to make the enviroment where people live pleasent to live there, without killing them would he.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
On a trip a couple of years ago to Zermatt in Switzerland, I was pleased to read that no motor vehicles were allowed. Great I thought little pollution, less noise that was until I got there, I nearly got knocked over by golf carts half a dozen times, building supplies were brought in by helicopter, it was the most expensive place I've ever been too in my life. If it hadn't been for the local co-op i think I would have starved.
I'm not sure what the answer is, pricing ordinary people out is not it, which is what ulez is intended to do. I do know however that as good as public transport in London it's not suitable for many due to age or disability.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
it might be now but would have been train or horse back then
And didn’t they have horse muck pollution then. Yes they would use trains then as less health and safety and no electric lines to worry about. It seems a monster has been created but not knowing how to make it fit in with all this pollution lark etc.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Also this sort of thing happens with uncontrollable population growth, but it seems to be what a lot want then complain about pollution etc caused by it and want everyone else to change to suit them.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
And didn’t they have horse muck pollution then. Yes they would use trains then as less health and safety and no electric lines to worry about. It seems a monster has been created but not knowing how to make it fit in with all this pollution lark etc.
The smell from all the Horsesh*t in our great capital was a big attraction to switching to ICE vehicles, but the Horsesh*t has never gone away. IMHO :LOL:

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
When I was working, my beat as a police officer for eight years, was from roughly from St John's Wood tube stn to Marylebone Rd, roughly a mile. Mrs Westhamman could tell by the colour of my shirt collars when I had spent anytime in the Marylebone Rd area. If that was getting on my shirts, what was getting in my lungs. How much harm must it do to residents.
Madame Tussauds were not allowed deliveries before 8am if I remember correctly, there was a court order preventing it, so residents were not disturbed.
If Mrs Westhamman has complained to me once about woodburners she has complained hundred times, they are polluting the air, ban them in areas of high pollution, where does it stop though, with banning things on that point I'moff to go and make my porridge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back