London Low Emission Zone (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Just been reading that LEZ in London is being tightened for non euro 6 over 3.5t vehicles next year.
They are saying that there will be a £100/day fee for non compliant vehicles.
So how do they charge.. let's for instance say I visit Abbey Wood site for 7 days and once on site not move van until time to go home... Will they charge me £700 for the whole duration of visit or just the days I actually travel in LEZ I.e. £200.
Either way feeling London may have seen last of me.😄😄

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
It’s like the congestion charge. Your only charged on the days you drive the vehicle in the zone. So in your example on day 1 and day 7.

It’ll come to many other places over next few years, Leeds,Bristol,Birmingham are in the queue. All places I don’t want to visit in the MH

OP
OP
poppycamper
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Don't know much about London Zones but would I be right in thinking Crystal Palace will be in the new ULEZ when it happens. Have not been there for a few years but I used to enjoy a visit to Crystal Palace site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
poppycamper
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
It’s like the congestion charge. Your only charged on the days you drive the vehicle in the zone. So in your example on day 1 and day 7.

It’ll come to many other places over next few years, Leeds,Bristol,Birmingham are in the queue. All places I don’t want to visit in the MH
Thanx Zains Pops.... it is reassuring to know they will ONLY steal money off of me when I actually drive through the zone.😎😎😎

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
How do you think I feel ? I live in the LEZ zone. Probably have to give up the motorhome 😢😢

Sep 12, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
New zone is inside the Sarf circular and Norf circular rds. Crystal Palace is outside this zone along with Abbey Wood. When Khan takes it out to the M25 were all buggered.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Dependent on the winter Covid and economy there has been talk of it going back to Oct 21.

OP
OP
poppycamper
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
May just be my dottery old brain or maybe it was April Fools but I seem to remember that some mega rich foreigner wanted to rebuild the Crystal Palace (???) and if so require the land that the site currently occupied.
Sure probably a whole load of bull@@@@@. 😃😃😃

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes but like all skanky , political scum it helps if you "consult" the least amount of people possible to ensure that you get the result you want.
Why would you advertise "consultations" & allow people to sign up to vote who don't have the agenda that you want?
Why would you ask various clubs or motoring organisations to partake knowing full well you'll not get the outcome that you want?
Far better to ask only those 'members' who are registered with Transport for London (TFL) which guarantees you'll get what you want as most are cyclists, pedestrians , & with the odd foreigner thown in so that after a 'short ' , as in very, consultation with those interested members you can advise that the vote for the new ULEZ was in favour by 54% to 46% .
Of how many voted,it has taken some years to actually find out.
Following on from his "delight in such a strong concurrence voting FOR the Ulez" he decided that it gave him the right to extend the LEZ.

Most living inside couldn't be bothered to show any interest even when people told them what was going to happen.
Suddenly when it was about to be started & the locals realised that they either had to have a car, less than 3 years old or pay £12,50/day to be in there it all hit the fan ,but it was a done deal by then,

Yes ,I was consulted, due to the fact that as a foreigner I am required to register any vehicle that I drive inside the zone. Which I consider to be discrimination when UK motorists do not have to & a way to impose "fines " on people who have no idea they are required to do so.( another EU complaint I had just made but now scrapped due to UK leaving).
It didn't go down well the foreigner questioning why he was working the oracle, what % actually voted,etc . Took an Foi some years after to get the amount.
The man is a duplicitous piece of filth,like most politicians, who couldn't even ask the whole of the population of the affected areas because he knew he had no chance of ever getting a "yes" vote & could only do so by under handed methods. :restmycase::restmycase:

Sep 12, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
May just be my dottery old brain or maybe it was April Fools but I seem to remember that some mega rich foreigner wanted to rebuild the Crystal Palace (???) and if so require the land that the site currently occupied.
Sure probably a whole load of bull@@@@@. 😃😃😃

Sep 12, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
London is a joke the traffic is so congested. I am looking to get out soon. Within 3 years the place will be gridlocked. Thanks Sadiq and ER and Grant Shapps. £250 million to place barriers in the road and make Park Lane 1 Lane down from 3. Even black cab drivers are chucking it in. Never seen it this bad. KEEP AWAY.

Sep 12, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
If you look at London you have the M25 than the North and South circular roads the bit between the M25 and N/S circulars will not be in the ULEZ. At the moment you will be charged if your vehicle does not meet Euro 5. It's just another tax easy pickings really they've got your number and rely on you complying with the rules.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If you look at London you have the M25 than the North and South circular roads the bit between the M25 and N/S circulars will not be in the ULEZ. At the moment you will be charged if your vehicle does not meet Euro 5. It's just another tax easy pickings really they've got your number and rely on you complying with the rules.

They are extending the LEZ next year as well I think.

I am burying my head in the sand over that but ultimately I will need to change to a greener car.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We used to use the Crystal Palace site as the number 3 bus passed within 30 metres of our daughter’s flat near Oval. Last year the site wardens told us the land was being sold for housing. Seemed likely as that would bring in far more money than a few tourists. Daughter is now in Bangladesh so we’ve let our membership lapse as it was the only site we used.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
We used to use the Crystal Palace site as the number 3 bus passed within 30 metres of our daughter’s flat near Oval. Last year the site wardens told us the land was being sold for housing. Seemed likely as that would bring in far more money than a few tourists. Daughter is now in Bangladesh so we’ve let our membership lapse as it was the only site we used.
My daughter No.2 live in Crystal Palace. It’s a dire place to get from and to without the added issues of emission zones. I understand the site there is under threat from developers who want to build flats. It’s stalled at present so the site continues.

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Yes but like all skanky , political scum it helps if you "consult" the least amount of people possible to ensure that you get the result you want.
Why would you advertise "consultations" & allow people to sign up to vote who don't have the agenda that you want?
Why would you ask various clubs or motoring organisations to partake knowing full well you'll not get the outcome that you want?
Far better to ask only those 'members' who are registered with Transport for London (TFL) which guarantees you'll get what you want as most are cyclists, pedestrians , & with the odd foreigner thown in so that after a 'short ' , as in very, consultation with those interested members you can advise that the vote for the new ULEZ was in favour by 54% to 46% .
Of how many voted,it has taken some years to actually find out.
Following on from his "delight in such a strong concurrence voting FOR the Ulez" he decided that it gave him the right to extend the LEZ.

Most living inside couldn't be bothered to show any interest even when people told them what was going to happen.
Suddenly when it was about to be started & the locals realised that they either had to have a car, less than 3 years old or pay £12,50/day to be in there it all hit the fan ,but it was a done deal by then,

Yes ,I was consulted, due to the fact that as a foreigner I am required to register any vehicle that I drive inside the zone. Which I consider to be discrimination when UK motorists do not have to & a way to impose "fines " on people who have no idea they are required to do so.( another EU complaint I had just made but now scrapped due to UK leaving).
It didn't go down well the foreigner questioning why he was working the oracle, what % actually voted,etc . Took an Foi some years after to get the amount.
The man is a duplicitous piece of filth,like most politicians, who couldn't even ask the whole of the population of the affected areas because he knew he had no chance of ever getting a "yes" vote & could only do so by under handed methods. :restmycase::restmycase:
The mayor is a pile of sh.t
Does noting but fu.. up London living

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back