LONDON’S new T-Charge starts 23/10/17 (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
LONDON’S new T-Charge starts tomorrow (Monday October 23rd 2017)

Hey!Don’t shoot the messenger!

I’m ready for the ‘Stuff London....London stinks....It’s a dump....It’s full of foreigners....Wouldn’t be seen dead in the place....Glad I live where I do....La-di-da

BUT,BUT, BUT..... I’m trying to save you money and hassle here!

From tomorrow (date above) a new T-Charge starts, so don’t venture into CENTRAL London if your vehicle is, generally speaking, registered before 2006. Be careful also if visiting the central area with a private van, or car of similar age when visiting rellies or the like.

The T-Charge is an ADDITIONAL £10 on top of the existing Congestion Charge of £11.50, so owning a vehicle of this vintage will be charged £21.50 per day. Failure to pay will get you a fine of £130 (£65 if you cough up within 14 days). The charge applies to both diesel AND petrol vehicles.

Remember that this only applies to the central area covered by the existing LEZ and not to the whole of Greater London. Those whizzing (Ha Ha) around the M25 are not affected by these new measures.
(However, it’s sometimes easy to get lost and ‘clip’ the charge zone if you drive through central London).

It’s too lengthy to cover in detail here, so please refer to the tfl (Transport for London) website for times, exceptions etc.

Just a heads-up folks; don’t shoot me!

Oh and........

The ‘T-Charge’ is the first of a series of new rates being introduced in London. It is an interim measure and due to be replaced by a stricter ULEZ (Ultra-Low Emission Zone) in 2020, although Mr Khan (London’s Mayor) is consulting on bringing this forward to 2019.

This will apply 24 hours a day every day and mean diesel cars registered before September 2015 and petrol cars registered before 2006 will face a £12.50 charge.
The mayor hopes to expand the area covered for cars and vans up to the North and South Circular roads in 2021.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Spent some good times at my best friends in Romford. Sadly he just dropped last year so don't come down now. Would NEVER do London again but many like it.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know why anyone would want to,but how the hell are you supposed to get into London, serious question this as I just don't understand these things.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Don't know why anyone would want to,but how the hell are you supposed to get into London, serious question this as I just don't understand these things.
Same way as you get into many other great world cities chaser. Park and ride.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bus, train or tube.....
Wait til ALL the major thoroughfares are pedestrianised which looks like they are aiming for.

Pedal Rickshaw anyone ?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why would anyone want to go to supposedly the finest city in the world just to ride on a bus.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Why would anyone want to go to supposedly the finest city in the world just to ride on a bus.
Don't forget the tube or the Thames clipper. There are millions around the world who have never set foot on an underground train.....

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't forget the tube or the Thames clipper. There are millions around the world who have never set foot on an underground train.....
Never been in a taxi till Julie got me in one a couple of years ago when I was 68

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Always had my own transport since my first moped when I was 16 , no public transport here within 5 miles , never needed any , why would anyone want to be stuck in a metal tube with 40 other unknowns , just don't follow it.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Always had my own transport since my first moped when I was 16 , no public transport here within 5 miles , never needed any , why would anyone want to be stuck in a metal tube with 40 other unknowns , just don't follow it.

When I was 15 went to London, up and down on the Tube - great adventure(y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Same way as you get into many other great world cities chaser. Park and ride.(y)
Why have your own transport & leave it miles away for the chavs to rob whilst you use expensive 'public transport' with @Chasers s riff.raff.

Does this mean getting on a bus with all the riff raff:Eeek:
Exactly !
The tube.lol & stand up to travel whilst paying extortionate amounts.:LOL:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Bus, train or tube.....
Wait til ALL the major thoroughfares are pedestrianised which looks like they are aiming for.

Pedal Rickshaw anyone ?
Have you seen how much the London pedal rickshaws charge?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Yeah great idea. It definitely still be there when you return won’t it? I think it is time tourists started voting with their wallets and giving the place a miss. There are many places much more picturesque and more welcoming.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Why have your own transport & leave it miles away for the chavs to rob whilst you use expensive 'public transport' with @Chasers s riff.raff.

Exactly !
The tube.lol & stand up to travel whilst paying extortionate amounts.:LOL:
I often use the tube and never have to stand up Gus. I also park and ride never having even seen a chav These are roomers that start in the north by people who have never set root on a tube.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yeah great idea. It definitely still be there when you return won’t it? I think it is time tourists started voting with their wallets and giving the place a miss. There are many places much more picturesque and more welcoming.
Like?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Well now that you ask. Anywhere really. Not much in the way of mountains, moors, wild life, beaches, big skies or forest areas around there. There does not seem to be much of a welcome from pub landlords etc in the britstop book either. So as earlier posted. I will continue to avoid it like the plague.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
There is a serious side to this. Thousands of Londoners die each year attributed to the pollution. Over 400 schools are in areas exceeding the legal air quality levels.

Other major UK cities will follow.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

Exactly and is there any difference between the bus riff raff and the tube riff raff :)

Maybe the London Mayor doesn't think there will be that many people left in London after the big B :)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
World class public transport?

The tube is fine if you like descending into the bowels of the earth to fight your way onto a train and then travelling with your face in someone else's armpit while getting bumped from several directions at a time all the time with your hand on your wallet.

And try getting from one area to another. We were considering going to a show at excel stopping at the nearest campsite at Lee Valley but it was 1hr 40mins by public transport - its 15 miles!!

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
World class public transport?

The tube is fine if you like descending into the bowels of the earth to fight your way onto a train and then travelling with your face in someone else's armpit while getting bumped from several directions at a time all the time with your hand on your wallet.

And try getting from one area to another. We were considering going to a show at excel stopping at the nearest campsite at Lee Valley but it was 1hr 40mins by public transport - its 15 miles!!

It’s not just in central London, it’s the outskirts too.. we popped over to Wood Green 2 Saturday’s ago.. it took us 37 minutes to do the last 2 miles..

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I just don't understand this movement to push us back in to the dark ages, we have strived for years to modernise things , get your own motor and stuff, and what happens millions have been spent on green things and making emissions less and what have you .
So now you have worked to get your own motor but you have to go back to kids toys(bikes) from two century's ago, or get stuffed on some bloody old bus.
This world is passing me by fast.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Don't knock London Busses. A generally good service day and night in modern clean vehicles.
And Chaser just for you......FREE. All you need is your bus pass from any part of England and away you go.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't knock London Busses. A generally good service day and night in modern clean vehicles.
And Chaser just for you......FREE. All you need is your bus pass from any part of England and away you go.
I have had one 10 years mate, maybe used it once a year when we have been on a site in U.K., which is very few and between, no use for round here.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
It would appear that after decades of so called "enrichment" & softly softly pc policing, our capital city is more dangerous than New York.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/20/london-now-dangerous-new-york-crime-stats-suggest/

London is now more crime ridden and dangerous than New York City, with rape, robbery and violent offences far higher on this side of the Atlantic.

Criminal justice experts insisted rising crime in the UK, and particularly London, was more to do with the way the city was policed and blamed the reduction in neighbourhood patrols across the capital.

While both London and New York have populations of around 8 million, figures suggest you are almost six times more likely to be burgled in the British capital than in the US city, and one and a half times more likely to fall victim to a robbery.

London has almost three times the number of reported rapes and while the murder rate in New York remains higher, the gap is narrowing dramatically.

Pete

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just had 3 nights at the Crystal Palace site and used the bus. £1.50 to get to Trafalgar square, no longer have to pay another £1.50 if you change buses. It may be slow but we just relaxed. The buses were to be avoided at all costs when I was a student due to congested roads and they could not be relied upon. Get the Citymapper app and it's so easy to plot the best route and prices. We saw a show ,caught up with children and an old Uni friend. Love it. £5.50 to get to Yeovil by bus from Sherborne and its only 5 miles and very slow, now that is something to be avoided.
Pity it's closing next year though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back