Loire River Aires (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hello. :roflmto: We are going to travel along from Angers to Briare stopping at various aires along the way, Just wondered if anybody been that way and could suggest possible aires or municipal campsites ( use them about every 4th day )
or chateau's ,any help would be appreciated. Terry:Cool:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
We stayed last year at an excellent site right by the river at Montsoreau....
Campsite L'Isle Verte

I also noticed on our cycle ride into Saumur that there is a very big aire (an old abandoned campsite) in Parnay.

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Thanks for that, can I ask was the site expensive as usually only use municipal sites Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Not expensive for what they offered - excellent views of the river, pool, EHU, excellent water and waste facilities, close to village, charcuterie opposite, boulangerie just down the road.
If you Google 'em, you should get a price.

There was a more basic site a couple of miles down the road, heading away from Saumur, but we thought it was too basic, which is why it was nearly empty.

I did notice that there was an excellent "wild" site on the opposite side of the river.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We stayed on the aire at Azay last year (free parking and services by token). Excellent location - 5 minute walk to town centre and chateau.

Also stayed on campsite at Chenonceaux 'Le Moulin Fort' last year. ACSI 15 euros/night. Good location on the banks of the Loire but the facilities were basic (we did not use them and preferred to stay in the tent area without hook-up). 10 minute walk along the river to the chateau.

Just returned from France and we stayed at Sully sur la Loire - lovely aire behind the chateau. Free overnight parking and services appeared to be free too. It was full when we arrived and we stayed on the car park next to the aire. Excellent location - easy access to the town centre and the chateau and on the 'Loire a Velo' cycle route.

Also stayed at Briare on the aire by the side of the canal. What a beautiful locaton - we could easily have spent several days here. The 'Pont Canal' crosses the Loire and there are miles of canal and river walks. 10 minute walk into town. Free parking (services on the main aire over the bridge - new Flot Bleu - 2 euros for 20 minutes access).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, Many thanks for the info , have penciled those in as definites on our itinery
for sept, will let you know how it all goes in oct. Once again I am very impressed with this site ,being a new member of 1week. Many thanks to everyone including Jim,only one problem I cant leave laptop now as going through all forums all the time. Hope I'm not getting overly obsessive!! Terry

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I second Azay le Rideau and yes, it is pretty with the lake and all, but inside the chateau is disappointing to say the least, it's empty basically. The 'park' is disappointing too! can walk all over and round it in half an hour.

However .... the aire is smack opposite the turning to the town open aire lido and so we spent the rest of the afternoon (that we thought we would still be wandering through the park!) in the lido. Really cheap and excellent with a huge grassed area with trees to sit (or lie) under as well as the pool.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back