Locking wheel nuts on 138 Compactline (1 Viewer)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Are there any? I want to take out the jack and use the space (I have levellers, and European breakdown cover. If I need a tyre doing, they can earn their money) BUT I don't know if I have locking wheel nuts or something similar and if there is some doo dah I need to keep with me in order for the wheel to be changed. I couldn't see anything that looks like the one I keep in my car, but I wondered if anyone here would know?

Also, there is something missing from this box. I've never opened it before, so I don't know what should go in the space on the right of jack. Any ideas?

IMG_0308.jpeg

John H.

Free Member
Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
A long time
BUT I don't know if I have locking wheel nuts or something similar
One of the nuts on each wheel will different from the others. If the wheel brace fits all of the nuts, then you should be OK.

Interesting idea removing the jack. I could not lift the wheel even if I could get it off.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Everything is complete in the box. Make sure you take out the towing eye in case you need a tow out.
If you are not sure about the wheel nuts post a pic of your wheels, locking wheel nuts are not standard like they are on cars.

Very important make sure you know where to put the jack when jacking up the rear, as most tyre fitters & breakdown people don't and if they put the jack under the axle it could cost you a few grand for a new axle. Also not directly on the Al-Ko chassis it needs to go under the black plate the suspension is bolted too - look in your Carthago handbook.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John H.

Free Member
Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
A long time
Very important make sure you know where to put the jack when jacking up the rear, as most tyre fitters & breakdown people don't and if they put the jack under the axle it could cost you a few grand for a new axle. Also not directly on the Al-Ko chassis it needs to go under the black plate the suspension is bolted too - look in your Carthago handbook.
Thank you for that information. I will crawl under to have a look. I assume it is the same on the Exsis-i

John H.

Free Member
Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
A long time
Make sure you take out the towing eye in case you need a tow out.
Always useful. We needed a tow out of the mud at one of the shows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Everything is complete in the box. Make sure you take out the towing eye in case you need a tow out.
If you are not sure about the wheel nuts post a pic of your wheels, locking wheel nuts are not standard like they are on cars.

Thank you. I don’t need to worry about a jacking point as I have hydraulic levellers. Good point about the towing eye, though. I might take the jack out and keep the spanner bit onboard to be on the safe side.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back