Locking Water Filler Cap replacement (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I managed to lose the locking filler cap for the fresh water tank on my Campscout (don't ask!).

Before I order a genuine replacement part from a dealer, does anyone know if the standard three lug water filler cap that is on nearly every other motorhome in existence fits?

I haven't been able to find the genuine article on-line. The only one that was vaguely similar was in Australia. :unsure:

If anyone with better searching skills can turn one up, I'd be grateful.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Not very helpful I know, but I think there are just 2 standard sizes, so yours will be one or the other
I believe British are one size and Continental the other

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will have to do some very careful measuring, because there do seem to be two different sizes & the difference is only a few mm.

Measuring the cap would be much easier than measuring the hole, but if I had the cap to measure I wouldn't be looking for one! o_O

If anyone else has been unfortunate enough to lose theirs & knows for sure what fits, please do post what you bought.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will have to do some very careful measuring, because there do seem to be two different sizes & the difference is only a few mm.

Measuring the cap would be much easier than measuring the hole, but if I had the cap to measure I wouldn't be looking for one! o_O

If anyone else has been unfortunate enough to lose theirs & knows for sure what fits, please do post what you bought.

Cant you ask someone that has the same type of van to measure theirs?

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
I never did find anyone selling the same design as originally fitted, but Coastline Campers on Newquay had one that looked pretty similar & was the right size, so at least I no longer have a plastic bag held on with an elastic band keeping the water in & the bugs out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have posted this on other similar threads.

We keep the locking cap key for the diesel and water caps on the same ring as the ignition key.

Leave the keys in the locks while filling, then one cannot drive off without the cap.

But keep cap well away from drain holes;)

Geoff

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I lost mine in Bayeux years ago, found it easier to change the whole filler. Looked fresh once done.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Brownhills sell them . They will post one out if ring them .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We had to buy one in Spain for our old Rapido, the old one had a single bit to turn it, and the new one had 3 bits in it to turn it. :D
But it was the white centre part inside that was different sizes, it may have been luck ;) but ours was the bigger one of the two they had.:LOL:
And our latest van Pilote has the same size. :D
But then both vans are French, ;) yours is German. :whistle:
20190410_143951.jpg 20190410_143929.jpg
It was easier seeing them side by side, so probably better to visit a shop, unless you see pictures of them sold online by the same suppliers. (y) Bob.

:doh: Ps Didn't realise you had got one, :whistle2: but might help someone else. :rofl:

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
We keep the locking cap key for the diesel and water caps on the same ring as the ignition key.
So do I, but that isn't the way I lost mine. Long story, not worth repeating.

@bobandjanie My replacement is the same design as in your left hand picture, only in black rather than grey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back