Locking (M16) wheel bolts for 16" Alutech alloys ?? (1 Viewer)

Apr 5, 2018
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Imala 732
Exp
since 2011
I'm the second owner of my Auto-Trail that the previous owner had fitted Alutech alloys to. When I bought it I asked the dealer if he also had the steel wheels, but no.
I'm struggling to find locking wheel bolts for it.
I have some Fiat M16x1.5 L=35mm locking wheel bolts (from a funster for my last van)
When I removed one of the standard wheel bolts from the present van it is approx 40mm thread length and has about 7mm of copper grease on the threads.
I tried the 35mm Fiat bolt but it only had about 2mm on the threads - unsurprisingly.
I've tried all the local car accessory shops and even contacted an Alutech seller on line, but no one has M16, 40mm thread length
I just tried a Fiat commercial dealer, but they only have the same Fiat ones that I already have.
They suggested trying Auto-Trail, which I will do, but I'm guessing they will have them for the steel wheels if any.

Am I on mission impossible, or does anyone else know where I could get some to fit ?

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_124051711_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210802_124051711_HDR.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 19
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Coastal Motorhomes offer good advice.
And have these on eBay.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Personally I hate locking wheel bolts , having A wheel stolen especially on a MoHo is very unlikely BUT Iā€™ve had lots of problems with lost or wrong locking nut removal head

only last week went to put new tyres on my daughters car which she bought from a main dealer
over a year ago , wrong nut remover in car šŸ¤Æ

OP
OP
D
Apr 5, 2018
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Imala 732
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for the responses so far.
I tried Coastal Motorhomes (via Ebay mail). They only have the same as my Fiat ones, or shorter.
I bought the Fiat ones off the classifieds here.
Auto-Trail are on factory shut down, but at nearly Ā£600 per wheel and tyre, x4, I'll keep searching a while longer.
The van is left at the side the house all WInter. It has an alarm and tracker, plus pull-up security posts, so the wheels seem like the obvious vulnerability.
The quest continues and Rimstyle are now looking at it .....
(BTW the earlier photo shows the locking and non-locking bolts next to the tape measure)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Personally I hate locking wheel bolts , having A wheel stolen especially on a MoHo is very unlikely BUT Iā€™ve had lots of problems with lost or wrong locking nut removal head

only last week went to put new tyres on my daughters car which she bought from a main dealer
over a year ago , wrong nut remover in car šŸ¤Æ
And as youā€™ve identifiedā€¦..locks (inc. locking nuts) only keep the innocent out, the scroteā€™s have them off in no time. šŸ˜±šŸ¤¬

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Try a local scrap yard, some keep bucketfulls of them. However, when I needed one I was told not to both cause people dont nick them like they did 20yrs ago, they common as muck. That's what they said. unless they are expensive fancy wheels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back