Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Me and OH I mean, himself has decided an RV may not be the best purchase for us (throws self to floor, kicks and wails and goes on chef strike, sulks with arms folded)
Something to do with that old onion-fuel, oh! and access on narrower lanes etc. Back to looking at MH's I spose, (kicks cushion, changes channel off Dave tv to Rosemary and Thyme)
What about LPG me says? 'cant get it in Spain he says', what about the smaller RV's me says? 'still too big' he mutters, 'and if parts go on them, they could be costly, we have to be practical'
Maybe we should view a Romahome? I say. 'Dont be silly he says'.
Any ideas for a compromise guys? Has to be Automatic, hopefully duel fuel, with space to relax and move about in and garage space for bikes, and small motorscooter. Think we have been here before, its getting close to buying time and Im losing the will:Doh:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
Divorce ::bigsmile:

otherwise sorry I have no clue..
I have an old RV, running dual fuel, can get parts easily, and its not hard to work on.. being non computerised...

John

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Divorce ::bigsmile:

otherwise sorry I have no clue..
I have an old RV, running dual fuel, can get parts easily, and its not hard to work on.. being non computerised...

John

You and me both John -------AND it's paid for.::bigsmile:

I guess a 5th wheel is out of the question Jomel?

That is what we're considering.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Me and OH I mean, himself has decided an RV may not be the best purchase for us (throws self to floor, kicks and wails and goes on chef strike, sulks with arms folded)
Something to do with that old onion-fuel, oh! and access on narrower lanes etc. Back to looking at MH's I spose, (kicks cushion, changes channel off Dave tv to Rosemary and Thyme)
What about LPG me says? 'cant get it in Spain he says', what about the smaller RV's me says? 'still too big' he mutters, 'and if parts go on them, they could be costly, we have to be practical'
Maybe we should view a Romahome? I say. 'Dont be silly he says'.
Any ideas for a compromise guys? Has to be Automatic, hopefully duel fuel, with space to relax and move about in and garage space for bikes, and small motorscooter. Think we have been here before, its getting close to buying time and Im losing the will:Doh:
The motorhome pictured left has bags of room including garage with massive payload and does 23mpg:thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
LPG (Autogas) is available in Spain, about 30 garages have it, with more being opened. See my map at the bottom of this post.

Only one country in the whole of western and eastern Europe doesn't have autogas publically available, and thats Finland.

Olley

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Why does the OH, and many others, think an RV is always the size of Bulgaria, and costs as much as the national debt to run one? Does everyone have to go down 3' lanes? Look at the space and supreme comfort you would have in an RV, and all the facilities that are normally "extras" on a Eurobox. l have searched for 2 years now, and l am just about to dive in and buy a 31' RV. l am looking forward to it immensely, l will have it converted to LPG, and if l cant find any in Spain, which l am sure you can somewhere, l will run it on gasoline. It will still be cheaper than staying in an hotel, and l will have all my own comforts to hand.
Would the other half rather drive a converted delivery van, rather than a comfortable RV?, Sleep with his feet in the glove box, on an uneven bed, rather than a king size bed in its own room? Use the shower for hanging wet clothes in cos its too small, or use a domestic shower for what its intended? Fuel is expensive, or should that be the tax?, but l would rather have something l can live in comfortably, than something that is small and uncomfortable, just because l could get down the odd narrow lane and get an extra few mpg. You get what you pay for and if l have to pay a little extra in fuel, to travel and live in luxury, then so be it.
Craig.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, look on ebay for small trucks to convert or been converted you can have what you want then. i recomend 20ft box 7ft 6ins wide about 7ft high . gives lots space and room under back for scooter . fit it on a 6.5/7.5 ton truck or pull it like mine there is some nice ones on at the moment. i always think 7ft 6 ins makes it easier to sneak down small lanes . think outside of the m,home box build what you need it doesnt have tobe enormous. it must be practicle n usable. had mine10 yrs now,think its the ultimate in accesability n can change the truck like i did 2yrs ago no probs. even if you go rigid get the living box right you can fit new trucks underneath to update. have fun i do.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why does the OH, and many others, think an RV is always the size of Bulgaria, and costs as much as the national debt to run one?
Craig.

It's American, full power, loads of cubes, I thought the whole point is size.

It has to be said that they offer incredible comfort for not a lot of cash second hand.Hasn't someone just posted an ad here for a newish one like a luxury hotel suite for the cost of a Euro middleweight ?

But on the side of him indoors if they want to tour then something the size of Bulgaria is not easy and definitely not cheap to run.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back