MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Good morning. I am having trouble with locking the external locker locks on my new to us 3 year old Adria. I can close them and secure them shut, but can't lock rhem. It's a pain to take it back to the dealers. I can lock the gas locker, so it's not the 'technique' that's the issue. Locker handles are the oval push in to lock type before turning the key in the lock. I will try taking them apart over the weekend so if anyone can offer any advice or info then that would be v helpful .. thanks in advance .

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
We had the same issue on our mh, turned out I was not being forceful enough, try closing the locker and turn key to lock position and give the handle a little bash in. worked for me, but you may need to replace barrels if it doesn't work for you.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
+1 for lubrication. A couple of my locks became unworkable, drop of WD40 sorted them then a drop of proper lock lubricant which I then bought - go round with it every year now even though the hab check is supposed to do it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
They do twist and the barrel does move with the key. They just don't lock, I'm hoping the pins or locking mechanism hasn't shared off (another good reason to keep well maintained oil/wd40 etc)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I often turn the key first back to the lock position, close the locker and then just click them into place, that seems to work for me. (y)

exactly what i do. It also allows me to lock the barrel yet leave the locker open so to speak and then just lock it without the keys afterwards.

mine are a pain though and do take some force to click into place, i also reckon you could open mine with a plastic spoon...

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I have an Adria, but older '56 plate.

A total of eight external locks all working from one key.

Very soon after I'd bought it, second hand, a number of locks wouldn't work when trying to lock them. They would all unlock without trouble.

Tied all sorts of lubricants but nothing would get them working.

Tied a number of locksmiths to purchase 10 lock barrels with the same key.

Nothing doing.

Until one bright spark said, "Look the chances that all these barrels have failed at the same time, is unlikely. It is more certain to be the key is worn out!"

Tried to get a replacement key, I think the key number was something like W497. No joy there except from two companies who suggested that I send them a close up photo of the key and they would laser cut me a new key. I asked how a new key cut from a worn out one would help me?

Contacted Adria, their usual response that they only work through their dealer network!

As it happened, Mullacott Caravans, who I use for my Hab Services had just become Adria Dealers. They took the key number and had a new key withing the week.

Locks all work perfectly with the new key.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I often turn the key first back to the lock position, close the locker and then just click them into place, that seems to work for me. (y)
Yeah that👍 That’s what we do on our gas locker door👍
Is it one of these? MisterB
image.jpg

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Sorry for the long delay, but I finally got them to lock, graphite lock lubricant worked after a bit of turning the handles several times (possibly moved the lubricant throughout the lock?)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Our Hymer ones are oval and one or two are sticky to latch. After turning the key to lock them they need a good sharp tap to lock them. They get lubed when they start being really awkward!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back