Locked on but no Signal Oyster (1 Viewer)

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Hi up in Buxton and put dish up. It searched and said found on Astra 2. But TV is saying NO SIGNAL. any ideas . im thinking maybe LNB

OP
OP
The Flute

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Yeah checked them and disconnected coaxial from out of oyster controller and connected it directly to sky box and still no good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
If it has locked on then I think the oyster box has found a satellite so suggests lnb is ok. If tv says no signal perhaps either the cable from oyster to tv is out or perhaps tv is not on the correct input.

Oyster are very helpful,. But not until tomorrow morning!

Oyster Sat-Tech Ltd.
Unit 5, Hemploe Business Park
Hemploe Road, Welford
Northants, NN6 6HF
Communication

Tel.: +44 1858 575 928
Fax: +44 1858 575 028
E-mail: info@oystersat-tech.co.uk

OP
OP
The Flute

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
If it has locked on then I think the oyster box has found a satellite so suggests lnb is ok. If tv says no signal perhaps either the cable from oyster to tv is out or perhaps tv is not on the correct input.

Oyster are very helpful,. But not until tomorrow morning!

Oyster Sat-Tech Ltd.
Unit 5, Hemploe Business Park
Hemploe Road, Welford
Northants, NN6 6HF
Communication

Tel.: +44 1858 575 928
Fax: +44 1858 575 028
E-mail: info@oystersat-tech.co.uk
Thanks ill try tomorrow.
TV has worked before. Oyster goes to pace box and its pace box saying No signal. Try Lnb straight on to pace box but still no joy.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Is your line of sight from the dish marginal? We had the same (locked on but no signal on TV) the other day in France but I’d not been hopeful of getting a signal at all as we were under a tree. Moved van a metre back, and problem sorted.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Morning Flute,

As the Oyster is locking on the LNB is at least partially working however locking on doesn't rule it out completely as being part of the problem.
Unfortunately though it's one of those where you're going to have to try different things till you find the problem.

First thing I'd do is try the Oyster on a different frequency.
Assuming you have a Vision...... When the dish is searching holding the right arrow down will display the current search frequency. While holding it tap the left arrow intermittently to scroll through the four programmed.
I would expect it to be searching 11265 V (if software is up to date) as a default which is Vertical low band. The Sky box downloads it's EPG from 11778 V which is Vertical High band so there could be a problem with the LNB switching between the two.
If you hold the right arrow and press left twice once you see the numbers you should get 12207 V which is Vertical high band so if the Oyster locks on to that and there's no difference then that rules the LNB out.
Note: Frequencies can different depending on software version so you might not see the numbers I'm mentioning. If you don't see the numbers above then give me a call in the office on 01858575928

If that all checks out but it still doesn't work then the next thing I would suggest is to check the receiver output voltage. If you have a meter then you can do this by unscrewing the cable from the Oyster box that goes to the Sky box. If you do a voltage test on the cable (inner core and outer casing) you should find 13 volts coming from the Sky box. If there is no voltage there and you've tried the input cable direct to the sky box then I would suggest that the Sky box is the problem. If you don't have a volt meter you could also either try another receiver in the vehicle or see if you could get someone to plug your sky box into their system to see if it works.

OP
OP
The Flute

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Morning Flute,

As the Oyster is locking on the LNB is at least partially working however locking on doesn't rule it out completely as being part of the problem.
Unfortunately though it's one of those where you're going to have to try different things till you find the problem.

First thing I'd do is try the Oyster on a different frequency.
Assuming you have a Vision...... When the dish is searching holding the right arrow down will display the current search frequency. While holding it tap the left arrow intermittently to scroll through the four programmed.
I would expect it to be searching 11265 V (if software is up to date) as a default which is Vertical low band. The Sky box downloads it's EPG from 11778 V which is Vertical High band so there could be a problem with the LNB switching between the two.
If you hold the right arrow and press left twice once you see the numbers you should get 12207 V which is Vertical high band so if the Oyster locks on to that and there's no difference then that rules the LNB out.
Note: Frequencies can different depending on software version so you might not see the numbers I'm mentioning. If you don't see the numbers above then give me a call in the office on 01858575928

If that all checks out but it still doesn't work then the next thing I would suggest is to check the receiver output voltage. If you have a meter then you can do this by unscrewing the cable from the Oyster box that goes to the Sky box. If you do a voltage test on the cable (inner core and outer casing) you should find 13 volts coming from the Sky box. If there is no voltage there and you've tried the input cable direct to the sky box then I would suggest that the Sky box is the problem. If you don't have a volt meter you could also either try another receiver in the vehicle or see if you could get someone to plug your sky box into their system to see if it works.
Thank you very much ill give that a try. Cheers

OP
OP
The Flute

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Antony i put dish up and pressed the arrows and the transponder. Numbers were correct so i did a manual move then auto search and hey presto it started working. Thank you very much for your reply and assistance.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
You're very welcome, glad I could help.
Just on a side note it might be worth scrolling through the channels now just to make sure you're getting everything. If you're missing certain channels then it's possible that part of the LNB has failed and that will need replacing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back