Locked keys in outside locker - shouldn’t be able to. (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
At Brownhills last week having some cosmetic work done. Before leaving for a short holiday I put water in the Autotrail Delaware. I unlocked the outside locker to get the hose out, used the keys to unlock the water cap, and left this and the keys in the locker. I then closed the locker locking the keys inside!
Luckily the cab keys weren’t on the bunch. Unluckily all the duplicates of the locker keys were on the bunch. Brownhills were great. Their H&S guy went the extra mile to try to open the locker but Autotrail‘s security beat him. It is the only locker that has a “Yale” type lock. The tongue should be fixed in the locked position when the key is out. That would have prevented this.
one detour later to my neice’s, and an hour of drilling the lock out, and I recovered the keys. My wife immediately separated the duplicate locker keys so this can not happen again!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
On ours to open the locker in the first place the lock has to be in the unlocked position, then you take the key out so you can press the button easily. Would be very difficult to lock the keys inside, in fact I've never tried shutting the door with the lock in the locked position, might not even shut.
Think our doors are made by thetford.

OP
OP
Conal
Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Richard n Ann This lock has no “open” position. It is spring loaded in the locked position. To open the key pulls back the tongue under pressure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back