Lockdown Kitchen Photo Competition (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
As we can't pop into Spain anymore DIY tapas, pics of one of our 3 kitchens first :Smile:
IMG_20200404_180516.jpg

Judias vertes con chorizo

IMG_20200404_180710.jpg

The good lady wife complained of no photo's of her contribution so, Espinacas con Garbanzos & Ensalada Rus

IMG_20200404_182001.jpg

Finally a hybrid, Rinones con ajllo com piri piri
IMG_20200404_190738.jpg

Well somebody did ask, salut :Smile:

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Ingredients:

Pork shoulder 250g
Onion diced 140g
Fenugreek Seed 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seed 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seed 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seed 1/2 tsp
Black Onion Seed 1/2 tsp
Crushed Black Pepper 1 tsp
Sea Salt 5g
Gram Masala 8g
Coriander Powder 6g
Turmeric 5g
Kashmiri Chilli Powder 7g
Peanut Butter 60g
Ginger Fresh Fine Dice 30g
Garlic Crushed 30g
Jaggery 80g
Water 200ml
Coconut Milk 200ml
Tamarind Pulp 200ml
Garnish
Crushed Chat Peanuts
Sliced Spring Onion
Toasted Sesame Seeds

Method:

Heat pan, add oil.
Add Bengal 5 spice ( cumin seed, fennel seed, fenugreek seed, black onion seed, mustard seed) cook until spices pop.
Add crushed garlic cook until golden.
Add ginger and diced onion cook until golden.
Add pork cook till coloured.
Add spice powders.
Add peanut butter, tamarind pulp, coconut milk & water. Mix well and cook until pork is tender (pork shoulder needs long slow cook and keep adding water as required to stop sauce catching base of pan)

Eat with plain rice, chapattis or naan and a crunchy onion salad.
That is the first time I have come across “jaggery” in a recipe. I will have to go back to India to buy some from the toddy tappers.
You were very honoured to be given that recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 374994
My beautiful wife ( Hospital Consultant Doctor ) enjoying some down time after one hell of a week . She is my heroine ?‍♀️
We clap Helen and all the key workers . A very humble Thankyou ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
That is the first time I have come across “jaggery” in a recipe. I will have to go back to India to buy some from the toddy tappers.
You were very honoured to be given that recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us.
I subbed that for 20g demerara sugar. Yes i really hope the restaurant survives as they are not your usual Indian place.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have kitchen envy. We are in dire need of a new kitchen to replace the one we put in when we moved in 25 years ago but we need to knock down a wall to open up the the kitchen and dining room properly. There’s just an arch. We’ve been talking about it now for 5 years, we would pay to get it done but just don’t know where to start as we’re not very imaginative!

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Pic from kitchen showing the vast kitchen garden (well all of our garden actually) Its 0.0000000000001 of an acre and takes quite a bit of looking after, I can tell you. View attachment 375087
I lied in fact I’ve just realised. We’ve actually got 5 french window boxes. Although seeing as it’s a kitchen thread this is the only one.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Dropped on our doorstep from New favorite daughter :LOL:
Bassetts for me (y)
allsorts2.JPG

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
These are just half the Persimmons from my 3-year-old tree. Now that I've picked them I don't know what to do with them. Most recipes only require 3 or 4 and I'm running out of flour. I might try making Persimmon Marmalade and use some of my lemons.
Persimmon April 2020.jpg

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I have kitchen envy. We are in dire need of a new kitchen to replace the one we put in when we moved in 25 years ago but we need to knock down a wall to open up the the kitchen and dining room properly. There’s just an arch. We’ve been talking about it now for 5 years, we would pay to get it done but just don’t know where to start as we’re not very imaginative!

Post some photos on here, I’m sure you’ll get lots of advice.
A builder will advise on the wall coming out and what it will need for support ( RSJ I expect)
Look at Pinterest for lay out and colour ideas. Decide on a style ( ultra modern gloss, Shaker, bright colours or more subtle)
I’d go for the longest worktop run possible, inset sink, and an island if at all possible.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Post some photos on here, I’m sure you’ll get lots of advice.
A builder will advise on the wall coming out and what it will need for support ( RSJ I expect)
Look at Pinterest for lay out and colour ideas. Decide on a style ( ultra modern gloss, Shaker, bright colours or more subtle)
I’d go for the longest worktop run possible, inset sink, and an island if at all possible.
That’s a good idea actually. I’d better get tidying and cleaning! The RSJ is in place due to the arch. The dining room has been turned into a mini gym by son home from Uni and the kitchen is quite big but is now stufficated with his things as well (my excuse). Pinterest is new to me but I’m not exactly short of time now. The wall that needs to come out is where the gas cooker is in a run of cupboards. Thank you for the tips!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back