Lockdown and the price of vans. (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I bought my 2013 L3H2 Boxer a couple of days before lockdown No.1 for £4,000. It had a few unknown issues, which have cost about £1,000 to repair. (I've had two front break discs fitted, along with pads on all four wheels. Also a new DPF atomizer.) So that's about £5,000. It's done 100,000 miles.

I've just seen a 2014 L3H2 with 75,000 miles for almost £9,000. Private sale. Yes this one is one year newer and done less miles but it seems a lot more expensive.

Has lockdown pushed the prices up? I remember reading posts about prices tumbling as business went bump in the pandemic. (I'm talking vans here not campers or MHs.)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yes the lockdown has pushed prices up. Several long threads over the past few months on this price rise.

EDIT
Ah, I didn't realise yours was a bare van.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Yes the lockdown has pushed prices up. Several long threads over the past few months on this price rise.

I expected MH and Campers to go up, but not unconverted builders vans and certainly not that much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I bought my 2013 L3H2 Boxer a couple of days before lockdown No.1 for £4,000. It had a few unknown issues, which have cost about £1,000 to repair. (I've had two front break discs fitted, along with pads on all four wheels. Also a new DPF atomizer.) So that's about £5,000. It's done 100,000 miles.

I've just seen a 2014 L3H2 with 75,000 miles for almost £9,000. Private sale. Yes this one is one year newer and done less miles but it seems a lot more expensive.

Has lockdown pushed the prices up? I remember reading posts about prices tumbling as business went bump in the pandemic. (I'm talking vans here not campers or MHs.)
[/QUOTE.

I was reading that new base vans are in short supply due to couriers buying them up to do home delivers which in turn has pushed the price of secondhand vans up. Don't know if that's correct mind.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
It’s new vans that prices have not so much gone up but there are no deals, that’s because there are so many delivery drivers looking for new or very nearly new vans, give it another 12 months and a lot if their vans will be coming on the market so self builders may be in luck, but by then will there be lots of ex staycation van owners selling up to go back abroad for their Jollies. It’s a difficult shout which way it’s going to go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back