Lochness meet. (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just back this evening from the lochness meet with Haganap.

very nice campsite, the lochness campsite, its the ONLY one ON the loch shore and all our pitches had an uninterupted loch view.
nice to lift the blinds on a morning and look out over the loch, much better than looking out at another row of vans....:RollEyes:

bar and 'restaurant' on site but a little pricey.....

water taps at the side of the access road:Doh:so dificult filling up....drive-over wastewater dump point....well, reverse over anyway.

stayed here for two nights then down to the Argyll campsite 2 miles south of Inverary for a night.
another good site with 60 pitches, many hardstanding, but we were too late for hookup.
again a restaraunt and bar onsite....reasonably priced this time.:thumb: bar open 'til 12.30am

955 trouble free miles apart from a front wheel puncture, M10 bolt with a 25mm washer, and a hydraulic jack with no oil in it :Blush::cry:has anyone ever tried to use the standard ducato scissor jack:Angry::shout:

955 miles = 176ltr diesel = approx 25mpg.....and towing the toad as well.
not bad for 4.75t in scotlands hills.:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
just back this evening from the lochness meet with Haganap.

very nice campsite, the lochness campsite, its the ONLY one ON the loch shore and all our pitches had an uninterupted loch view.
nice to lift the blinds on a morning and look out over the loch, much better than looking out at another row of vans....:RollEyes:

bar and 'restaurant' on site but a little pricey.....

water taps at the side of the access road:Doh:so dificult filling up....drive-over wastewater dump point....well, reverse over anyway.

stayed here for two nights then down to the Argyll campsite 2 miles south of Inverary for a night.
another good site with 60 pitches, many hardstanding, but we were too late for hookup.
again a restaraunt and bar onsite....reasonably priced this time.:thumb: bar open 'til 12.30am

955 trouble free miles apart from a front wheel puncture, M10 bolt with a 25mm washer, and a hydraulic jack with no oil in it :Blush::cry:has anyone ever tried to use the standard ducato scissor jack:Angry::shout:

955 miles = 176ltr diesel = approx 25mpg.....and towing the toad as well.
not bad for 4.75t in scotlands hills.:thumb:

Hi John,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip, and that it went well, :Smile: apart from the puncture of course. :Sad:

Re the scissor jack..............they are absolute sh##e, aren't they ? :Angry:

Jock.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Well!!! Did Ya see it:Eeek:
PS dont throw the bolt away, thats the one I lost at Newark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
lochness meet

just arrived back at loch ness after leaving hagnap and co at clachtoll beach what a wonderful site so unspoilt what a find by hagnap aka granvill he cycled 6 miles to restock the BBQ up hills that were 15% a funster who goes that extra mile or 6 ,and to thank Patrick ,ray,mark,Jackie,and of course Paul ,and Nicky for a wonderful meet,looking forward to the next one

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
John
What are you towing. I have a Kontiki 660 and it is averaging out at 25mpg.

Interestingly I found last year when we went right up the west coast and along the top to John O Groats I got better consumption. It may be that the type of roads restrict your speed and the engine is revved at its most efficient. Was in North Wales last week which has the same beautiful countryside and our consumption from there to Cambridge was much about the same as up North. We then had a chase up the A1 when it gave its usual 25 mpg

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
John
What are you towing. I have a Kontiki 660 and it is averaging out at 25mpg.

Interestingly I found last year when we went right up the west coast and along the top to John O Groats I got better consumption. It may be that the type of roads restrict your speed and the engine is revved at its most efficient. Was in North Wales last week which has the same beautiful countryside and our consumption from there to Cambridge was much about the same as up North. We then had a chase up the A1 when it gave its usual 25 mpg

hi,
the toads a 1.4 corsa.......860kg empty, which it is of-coarse when being towed.
usually stick to 50ish on 'A's and 60ish on motorways when towing.
normally i get 27mpg solo and 26mpg with the toad on normal 'A' and 'M' roads :thumb:

my kontiki has the 2.8ltr engine

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well!!! Did Ya see it:Eeek:
PS dont throw the bolt away, thats the one I lost at Newark

saw a lot of things Geo, except Nessie and that bloody M10 bolt, which, when i looked today was an 11mm spanner sized hex head self tapper and it never penetrated the tyre.:winky:
still getting it fully punctured and repaired as it was very deep in the tread.:thumb:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip, and that it went well, :Smile: apart from the puncture of course. :Sad:

Re the scissor jack..............they are absolute sh##e, aren't they ? :Angry:

Jock.

sure are, Jock!!!!

moral of the tale is.......make sure your mate, Jack, is well oiled when you go away:winky:::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
well just to say that we have arrived back today, after DOing Loch ness for 2 nights, Clachtoll with 5 vans great company and great weather (we are sunburned) then off on the westerross coastal route by ourselves and around to applecross, phew what a drive, 2 nights wild camping in cove and Glencoe, then met back up with CLS and Ash in the lakes for one last party night.

Just to say that Tara is fine and no worse for her ordeal although the Volvo is critical.

Ill update blog in a day or two, as now I must wash the van clean it out and turn it round and point it off to Peterborough::bigsmile:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
pleased you all had a good time, our weekend at Castle Douglas was great too, it,s a good site right on the loch, and a 2 minute walk into town.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back