Loch Earn or Loch Tay ? (1 Viewer)

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
We have booked a few nights at Coniston in the lakes in August, followed on by a few on the east side of Loch Lomond, want to finish my trip back to Aberdeen with a couple or 3 night in either Loch Earn or Loch Tay, anyone have any knowledge of campsites with H/Ups on either ? good to go or bad to avoid. Would like lakeside as we'll have an inflatable canoe with us
Thanks

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
We have booked a few nights at Coniston in the lakes in August, followed on by a few on the east side of Loch Lomond, want to finish my trip back to Aberdeen with a couple or 3 night in either Loch Earn or Loch Tay, anyone have any knowledge of campsites with H/Ups on either ? good to go or bad to avoid. Would like lakeside as we'll have an inflatable canoe with us
Thanks

Maragown cc site in Killin right on thr river we take the boat from the river on to loch Tay

Bill

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Yes Maragowan is fab.
CC so do phone them as their website often says it's full when it's not.
Enjoy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i second that.
Maragowan is a really nice site we had a pitch at the far end on the river side.
really nice scenery too although the road past the clachan site does get a little bit tight with other vehicles there is a really nice loch side picnic spot a few miles out on that road.

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Thanks

Hi Motoberg - At the end of April '09 we stayed a couple of nights at Drummond Fish Farm ... this is a CL situated right on the edge of Loch Erne ... easy road access, long hardstanding pitches, h/ups and a shower & toilet. Great views over Loch Earn where we watched osprey,oyster catchers and herons that came in every evening to perch ever hopeful on the fish cages. A fisherman's dream here as you can hire boats ... not sure about inflatable canoes but well worth enquiring Link

OP
OP
Motoberg

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks all, will give both sites a check out today :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.