Rally Chat Location Question? (1 Viewer)

Dec 19, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohican
Exp
18 years
I am booking a place on ile de Re called Camping La Grainetiere.
I wondered if anyone had been and experienced some time there.
We're going Portsmouth to St Malo in August/September 2021 for a 7 night stay.
Obviously we are in a Motorhome.
I am, or will be, 62 and taking my partner.
If anyone has frequesnted the area and could give us guidance it would be appreciated.

Regards, Pedro & Er Indoors

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
We’ve been to il de re many times, and stopped on that site a couple of years ago. It was a really nice site, we were using a borrowed caravan at the time so we were using the toilets and shower blocks which were the best ones we’ve ever seen on a site. The pitches were good. The pool facilities are lovely and the ice creams were ama zing! Location was good, if you have bikes it is easy to get around on il de re as it’s flat and bike paths everywhere.

OP
OP
Pedders
Dec 19, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohican
Exp
18 years
That's great. Thanks for taking the time to reply. This is the good news I was hoping to hear. We're going from St Malo and spending 3 days to get there. Hope to book 7 nights in the site and then spend a couple of days sauntering back to St Malo. I appreciate your input. Pedro & Er Indoors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2016
shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T620g
Exp
since 1969
I agree with Zoobec. We have stayed at Grainetiere 3 times and it is excellent with easy access to La Flotte on foot and the whole island by bike. This year it was €20 with ACSI discount. Best to avoid French school holidays.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We love Ile de Re, visited once again last year. Been there on and off 30 years now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pedders
Dec 19, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohican
Exp
18 years
Thank you all for adding those lovely comments. I am definitely booking this for the 7 days/nights. I have been on the site every day and they are still not taking bookings yet and now I have my heart set on this. Regards to you all and stay safe. Hands, Face, Space. Pedro & Er Indoors

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Love it there.we stopped at L. ocean campsite. If you have bikes its a great place.Not strenuous .Some lovely beaches. Nice villages with restaurants ang markets.We found a allotment that sold fresh fruit and vegetables.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back