Location of heat exchanger in fiat ducato flair 8000i (1 Viewer)

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Hi
I am at a loss I cannot locate the heat exchanger in my 2004 flair 8000i I presume it has one as the engine heating button on the control panel lights up and says engine heating on.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Our Mercedes based Hymer has a button that lights up, but we don’t have a heat exchanger, not totally sure what it does but it seems to make cab warmer

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Our Mercedes based Hymer has a button that lights up, but we don’t have a heat exchanger, not totally sure what it does but it seems to make cab warmer
If yours is like ours David , (although not sure if it is as you have the post 2006 model?) , do you mean a button on the dash, same control as the air con? That is the preheater- an Eberspacher (sp?) which is down by the nearside front wheel. In theory I think it comes on automatically in really cold weather to preheat the engine but I'm never sure mine does unless I press the switch.

Sorry no help to the OP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I hope you do manage to find it Tony, as it's a godsend in winter.
I just don't understand it not being in that underfloor compartment between the seats. :(

Edited................ Have you tried phoning Alde at Wellingborough, to see if they can give you any clues?

Good luck with it. (y)

Jock. :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Tony

When you switch on the "motor" pump you should hear it running and be able to locate it in the engine bay, if you can that would confirm that yes you have the heat exchanger, it was an option but I don't know where on the Ducato.

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Tony

When you switch on the "motor" pump you should hear it running and be able to locate it in the engine bay, if you can that would confirm that yes you have the heat exchanger, it was an option but I don't know where on the Ducato.

Martin
When Tony and I were trying to locate it Martin, we couldn't here the pump running when the engine heating button was operated, unlike in our Flair, which as you know is quite prominent, even to a pair of deafies like you and I. ;) This had me thinking that perhaps a heat exchanger wasn't fitted after all. :(

Cheers,

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
When Tony and I were trying to locate it Martin, we couldn't here the pump running when the engine heating button was operated, unlike in our Flair, which as you know is quite prominent, even to a pair of deafies like you and I. ;) This had me thinking that perhaps a heat exchanger wasn't fitted. :(

Cheers,

My thoughts as well then, the panel usually says "option" if you press a button for something you don't have, as yours does for some functions that I can't remember. A clever lad like Tony would most likely fit it himself with a little bit of advice from ALDE.

M

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
the panel usually says "option" if you press a button for something you don't have
Yes, that was my reckoning too, and was surprised to see the message "Engine Heating ON", yet no sound of the pump, either in the hab area, or the engine compartment. :(

Cheers,

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes, that was my reckoning too, and was surprised to see the message "Engine Heating ON", yet no sound of the pump, either in the hab area, or the engine compartment. :(

Cheers,

The other way, as I am sure you know is to follow the pipes from radiator to radiator as at some point they have to go through the heat exchanger (if there is one) you will find that yours goes from drivers side through the exchanger to the Rita's side and then onwards which is why she gets the warm air first, I suppose you could try reversing the pump so you get the heat first ;)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
This is what you are looking For
A3A1A013-AEE1-470A-8D67-38A6328A1A42.jpeg