Locating a Motorhome on a site (semi) permanently at low cost (1 Viewer)

F

fredbarney2

Deleted User
We are vrigins at Motorhoming. I was made redundant this year. Having rented our home out, the plan is to live permanently in our Apache. Can anyone offer advice on locations in the UK that offer permanent siting of Motorhomes at low cost? The plan is to stay in the Bath, Bristol or Swindon area until we have gained more experience then to set off around the UK. Cheers. :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We are vrigins at Motorhoming. I was made redundant this year. Having rented our home out, the plan is to live permanently in our Apache. Can anyone offer advice on locations in the UK that offer permanent siting of Motorhomes at low cost? The plan is to stay in the Bath, Bristol or Swindon area until we have gained more experience then to set off around the UK. Cheers. :thumb:

Hi Fred,

Its not in the west but I am sure you could do a deal here, the chap running it used to work for us, if you call him, mention my name.

Peter

Crazy Lane Tourist Park - Camping & Caravanning in Sussex

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Hi fredbarney2
We are fulltimers in the uk, and when we have not got any work we use
the five van cls, some of them only let you stop 28 days but some let you
stay a bit longer.
Good luck:thumb:

regards
bald eagle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

fredbarney2

Deleted User
thanks bald eagle, but whats five van cls mean ?? sorry if it sounds dopey! :ROFLMAO: We haven't started the engine yet !!

Fred.

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
These are Certified Locations and are only allowed 5 vans at a time, can be booked through Caravan Club, The caravan and camping club also has these, Small sites and very good prices.

crazylazy

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
4 weeks.. twice out in it

You have made me feel a lot better this morning...I too am a newbie had the motorhome since April/May I still haven't discovered where most things are....but I will! this website is super and knowing there are perhaps people who know as little as I do makes me feel a lot better..........Oh! by the way Sedlescombe ( Crazy Lane) don't know the site but the village is lovely.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
These are Certified Locations and are only allowed 5 vans at a time, can be booked through Caravan Club, The caravan and camping club also has these, Small sites and very good prices.

Just to add to this, you have to be a member of the club concerned to book CLs/CSs. Doesn't cost a lot though.

Graham

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

Regarding staying on Cls, there is a post here that I did some time ago on Link Removed

on this thread Link Removed

the forum is dedicated to Full Timers and has a lot of useful info, you can also enter via the link in my signature ..

Good luck with your plans

Jim

Last edited:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I don't full time but from what I have read most people tend to move around between sites during the year as some will allow extended stays beyond the normal 21/28 days at a time, but most won't and you need to leave the site for 1,2 or 3 days and then return if you want to stay on the same site.

You may want to consider joining the Camping and Caravanning Club (CC&C) as they have a limited offer which is called "Winter Seasonal Pitches" that you block book a pitch from 4th November until 24 March.

You need to study the rules but it does appear you can get a pitch with electric at one of 4 different sites and you can use it as a base for 21 days at a time then leave for 3 days and return for another 21 between the dates i gave above and the cost appears to work out at less than ÂŁ6 a night.

You need to double check this information as I have never used the system but if my understanding is correct that's a terrific deal,

I believe you need to enter your request by the 1st July and become a member, if you are interested give them a ring. you may be able to find out more on their web site but you may need to be a member to access some parts of the web site.

The link below will provide their contact details

The Camping and Caravanning Club - Contact Us

Hope that helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back