Local owners / meets in Barnet (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Hi All,

?

Anyone on here in the High Barnet area? I see few vans and MoHos around and wonder what you get up to, it would be nice to know what you guys do if you can't park at your house too. If we ever get it together and get a MoHo we won't be able to park at home as there is no space on drive or carriageway.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Fair enough :xThumb:. I'll be brave and image I'll find a whole bunch of nice folk behind the doors:giggle:
I think you will find most motorhomes are nice and helpful if you explain that you live closely andyour looking to purchase one and just trying to find out a bit more. If you've got a wife take her with you.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I was born in Barnet, many years ago, and still quite often visit. Bit of a nightmare trying to find a parking space in town I imagine, the local council seem to like their yellow lines.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I was born in Barnet, many years ago,

Well I will go to the foot of our stairs.... I was born in Friern Barnet many, Many years ago..

Just off Friern Barnet Lane... The Orange Tree was our local pub...

And one of my first girl friends lived in High Barnet... :xgrin:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Well I will go to the foot of our stairs.... I was born in Friern Barnet many, Many years ago..

Who'd have thought that we had similar beginnings MOO. I was also a close naibour of yours being born in Harrow:xThumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Who'd have thought that we had similar beginnings MOO. I was also a close naibour of yours being born in Harrow:xThumb:
Crikey, maybe we are related ... I was also born in Harrow (Hinds Road) but obviously much later than you buttons .
I also started my school years in Hinds Road at Quainton Hall School until I was chucked out.?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Crikey, maybe we are related ... I was also born in Harrow (Hinds Road) but obviously much later than you buttons .
I also started my school years in Hinds Road at Quainton Hall School until I was chucked out.?
You must have been woker for school by the Kodak hooter. :unsure:

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011

Well, I know Friern Barnet pretty well as I worked for the ambulance service in Colney Hatch Lane. I was born at Wood Street Barnet. It’s a small world.

Paul

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Here you are Mo nice pub very nice area :xThumb: Mines a large dry white..Cheers
1577089412094.png

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi All,

?

Anyone on here in the High Barnet area? I see few vans and MoHos around and wonder what you get up to, it would be nice to know what you guys do if you can't park at your house too. If we ever get it together and get a MoHo we won't be able to park at home as there is no space on drive or carriageway.
Most pay for storage I wouldn't fancy leaving ours on the road for long wherever we were if we werent using it . Why not search CASSOA to find storage places near you I bet there arent many caravans parked around there either.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Here you are Mo nice pub very nice area :xThumb:

No... not that one..... this one =
1577097683177.png

By all accounts it is closed now and being turned into flats, if not done already..

Top of Friern Barnet Lane opposite Bus turn around and Council Offices.. :xThumb:

I`ll have a large Chardonne.... :xThumb:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
so where/what does the cockney rhyming slang for head i.e Barnet originate from I wonder and why?any relation to the town?
Go on son on me head, err Barnet
LES

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have been in ‘the other’ Orange Tree pub. It’s still going as far as I know, it’s on Totteridge Lane and a bit posh for the likes of me.

I first went to Barnet Fair (i.e. hair) about 60 years ago, it was/ is in a field just off Barnet Lane with the horse fair opposite.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back