Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Whilst in France about a month ago,a girder on a narrow bridge over the Loire jumped out and broke part of the drivers wing mirror bracket on ourn LMC Liberty which is on a Fiat ducato 2ltr JTD base. I secured it with a couple of bungees,so no real probs.
On our return in Mid June we contacted Local Main Dealer in Bridgend to book van in for service and Mot (19th July)
The service manager asked if we could take van in for him to see the mirror and make sure he ordered the correct one.This we did,and paid in advance.We then went off to scotland and returned home Fri 16th.
On 19th of July we took van in and were told it should be ready that eve.At about 1600 hrs he rang to say that Fiat had sent a manually adjustable mirror-not the electric one we needed.He reckoned the correct mirror would be there by Wed,but it would be an extra £120.We agreed to this,therebye negating the original contract to supply the mirror at the price we had paid.
We have just picked the van up (Fri) after trying to get them to deliver to no avail.Pointing out that we had set 2 days (mon & tues) aside to get the Mot etc done did manage to get the bill reduced by £58,but we have lost the 3 days that we had intended to use to clean the van etc.
We're not best pleased as we had only allowed 6 weeks turn round time before our next trip,and have a few jobs to get done on M/H and in the house,plus having to see relatives and friends,so to lose best part of a week is no joke.
Funny how life is pretty stress free whilst on the road-but it sure makes up for it when you get home ::bigsmile:

That's that off my chest-I feel better now. Mike.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I'm glad your feeling better Mike but now I'm feelin ruddy awfull.
Jim
:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back