Local Data Sim In Germany - Any Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Off this week ( lots more German threads coming) and we have our own mifi device. We are both on Vodafone with euro traveller enabled and huge data allowances but at £3 a day soon adds up. Will use Vodafone on occasional basis if necessary. Any local data sims experience out there - seen some in lidl, but not sure which network or realiability. Not bothered about voice - don't make many calls whilst away ( the children call us if need be)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I've used a Voda and Lidl sim in Germany Lidl was cheaper but you have to doit on line and bureaucracy in Germany requires you to register a German address (to which they write and if letter is returned they cut you off !!!!). The Voda people will do it all in shop for you, can’t actually remember the cost but the PAYG 7gig deal I thought reasonable.

Dick

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Thanks. Didn't know about the address registration thing - very helpful. Will try Vodafone - as long as it's reasonable, we are happy as 18 days at £3 for voda euro traveller is £54 ( and that's just me!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Heavens...... How about leaving phone switched off, use wifi when available and enjoying your holiday:)

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Phone for voice calls not important and don't even take my work mobile with me but map reading, aire / stellPlatz hunting etc / tourist info/ weather watching more useful and would find it more stressful not to have it . We are a tech household and attempting to be be paper free wherever we can . Will use wifi wherever possible of course, but don't want to be restricted.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Phone for voice calls not important and don't even take my work mobile with me but map reading, aire / stellPlatz hunting etc / tourist info/ weather watching more useful and would find it more stressful not to have it . We are a tech household and attempting to be be paper free wherever we can . Will use wifi wherever possible of course, but don't want to be restricted.

Yeah I have a wife like that,,had to have phone surgically removed from end of her nose..making a good recovery though!

seriously though I just find phone hopeless for GPS as battery life rubbish

my sat nav has all the info I need for travel..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back