chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been to Fontainebleau today, now on an aire at Milly LA forat , all services but nothing else here , do for tonight , only ones here, been lovely day ,shirt sleeves weather, don't know how long it will last.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Moved down to sully sur Loire now, aire in the château car park right by the side of river ,this one out of alltheaires north.
All services , free.
Very nice spot but light rain today so might have a look around then move on.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_20150324_131035.jpg

View from windscreen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well iv said it before and gone back on my word , but france passion are really a waste of money, I said I wasn't going to have it this year but on a whim after having an email promoting it I subscribed again , well today we were on a lovely aire but decided to move on , so picked a france passion on a vineyard out.
After many twists and turns in near unpassable roads we get to one only to find a barb wire fence across the entrance, nothing about it closing anytime in the book and all the signs there but no one anywhere.
Anyway , think we will give up on them now and stick to aires, got my aires app up on my phone and gone 18 km down the road to a place called humbligny to an immaculate aire , on our own , just farms around and views for miles.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Today we are in the mountain's at clermont ferrand ,snow everywhere, in four days we have gone from dull to sun to rain to snow.
Now in a nice town called bort led orgues , aire by the river, been into town , got some nice steak from a Boucher, now going to have a slap up meal and wine in the van for my 68th birthday
IMG_20150325_164115.jpg

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Happy birthday, hope you enjoyed that steak :birthday:
Certainly did thanks, 68 hey unbelievable, well anyway on a nice free aire last night and got to looking at France passion book and saw one 15 mins away so thought give them another try, so here we are this morning on a goose farm, all very nice and even got water and emptying if you need it, BUT cost us 30 euros in the shop when we got here, But we got some stuff albeit stuff we wouldn't have bought otherwise, but wow, the sun is shining and we will be in blaye tonight, end of travel
Ing for a day or two.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just opened the roof light ,sky totally blue, never said , we are down in the Dordogne now ,well into the south Aires book

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Here we are at blaye for a day or two for Julie to visit her friends from when she used to live here, aire chocka every space taken but it is market day tomorrow so they could be here for that, a few Brits but not had time to speak to anyone yet, get early night ready for tomorrow, raining at the moment.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
On the way back up now, tonight we are at ile de re, free aire again , havnt paid for one yet and all been brilliant, been two lousy days on the weather front though, just decided to stay in and guess what , the suns come out!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well here we are, back in good old gravelines,
Night here , a day duty freeing in cite Europe and others tomorrow, back here tomorrow ready for tunnel, Saturday dinner.
Been a strange run this time, found Aires that are not in any book, others that are but no longer there, France passion one fenced off, other one nice but pricey in the shop.
Three mobile been the biggest mystery, I have a cheapo Chinese phablet, almost never failed to connect but two normal mobiles with the same pay and go ,321 sims in that have seemed never to find signal, this is after they worked fine last year on the same addon.
Suns out today after a very windy night.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves. We are heading over tonight on the train, just till Monday evening, heading over to Arromances. Hope you leave the sunshine there.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves. We are heading over tonight on the train, just till Monday evening, heading over to Arromances. Hope you leave the sunshine there.
Are you staying in gravelines tonight, loads of GB,s here, not got round to speaking to any yet still on my first glass

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Are you staying in gravelines tonight, loads of GB,s here, not got round to speaking to any yet still on my first glass

No we're going to head towards Abbeville tonight and see how far we get. Will leave work at 5.30, at the tunnel about 6 and hopefully on the next train so can get a few miles done tonight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back