Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
This question relates to standard DOMESTIC wall mounted satellite dishes.

Is the LNB off a 660mm oval dish (to be removed) compatable with a smaller 600mm dish or are the LNB's supplied specific to dish diameter?

Ta:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This question relates to standard DOMESTIC wall mounted satellite dishes.

Is the LNB off a 660mm oval dish (to be removed) compatable with a smaller 600mm dish or are the LNB's supplied specific to dish diameter?

Ta:thumb:

No-one seems to want to bite on this - I've never noticed dish size on any LNB advert so you should be OK. It's a very trivial difference in size anyway.

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
No the dish size is only related to how much signal is grabbed from the air the bigger the more signal

Bigger dishes are harder to line up

You will find the dishes get a bit bigger the further north you go.

But the LNB is the same on all of them.

Folks that go to southern spain and portugal in their vans take a bigger dish as they are on thr fringe of the footprint for astra 2 and so need to grab as much signal as possible.

Phill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Agree with previous posts, however, if the LNB you are removing is from a Maxview dish it won't physically fit the standard clamp on the domestic dish .. and visa versa.

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
If it is a sky mini dish then the LNB often has a different fitting to the 'standard' LNBs which have a 40mm neck. Provided the LNB arm has a 40mm yoke then any 40mm LNB will be OK.

I use a low noise LNB in one my 80cm dishes if I am not venturing further than the Alps or Pyrennees. I use the same LNB in my 1 metre dish if I go further afield. The difference in performance is not great but the bigger dish is much easier to stow and it is lightweight aluminium, the others are steel.

Phil.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back