Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I've persuaded the wife to take a month off work during the summer holidays so we can give the kids a decent length family holiday.We aim to tour France and fancy a trip over the border into Spain,Lloret de Mar looks in easy striking distance and I was wondering what your views are ,is it nice ,what are the sites like,do they accept dogs ?

Vlad

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Sadly my information may well be a little out of date. We went there on a family holiday when I was 11, and it was brilliant, I dare say it still is, but it will have changed a little since 1982! :D

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Roses is OK as well, IIRC it is the first proper resort after you cross the border.

Just a little further down is Salou, Costa Dorada. Port Aventura theme park is good, there is a decent water park in La Pineda, Aquopolis I think, just up the road from Cap Salou, cracking beaches and plenty to see, Cambrils, Reus, Tarragona.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
All my kids still talk about Papa's Bar and the roller skating guy that used to act as a Pied Piper sort of fellow taking them out one door, up the hill, in another door and down a flight of steps. He always brought them back.

Don't know why I posted this as it must have been 35 years ago but that's nostalgia for you.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just down from Lloret is Santa suzanna..
We often stayed at camping Bon Repos with the grandkids, right on the beach. Train stop almost outside the gate so you can go up and down the coast.. Prices have gone up a bit now so if budget is tight you may want to shop around..
www.vayacamping.net may help..
Done Blanes as well, thats ok..

As suggested Salou, opposite side of Barcelona is a great family resort... Port adventure also now have camper facilities and you can stay there for a few nights..

REMEMBER.. School holidays, going to be busy and expensive down at the coast...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Have to agree with DanielFord, Blanes just down the coast is a better resort. Lovely sea front and shops. Lloret is only a 2 euro bus ride away. Also the train station has a regular service to Barcelona for about 8 to 9 euros

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We went three years ago on spec and we came to a campsite near the centre of town, it had swimming pool and all the mod cons and it was very reasonable but it was toward the end of season, I will try to look it up.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just down from Lloret is Santa suzanna..
We often stayed at camping Bon Repos with the grandkids, right on the beach. Train stop almost outside the gate so you can go up and down the coast.. Prices have gone up a bit now so if budget is tight you may want to shop around..
www.vayacamping.net may help..
Done Blanes as well, thats ok..

As suggested Salou, opposite side of Barcelona is a great family resort... Port adventure also now have camper facilities and you can stay there for a few nights..

REMEMBER.. School holidays, going to be busy and expensive down at the coast...
Camping Bon Repose gets my vote too. We've been twice for a month each time, set up three feet away from the beach, we will be heading there in September.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just remember that in the summer Lloret is a 24 hour resort. The only difference between day/night is that it is dark.:)
Tossa de mar always used to be a nice place. As someone else said , Roses is nice & if weather is right a spectacular view of one of the ten " Best bays in the world"

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Does anyone know, can you get a train to perpignan ?,

Eric

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
As someone else said , Roses is nice & if weather is right a spectacular view of one of the ten " Best bays in the world"

Thanks for the memory,

On a boat delivery, late 1980, we left Bay of Rosas rounding Cap Creus, sea a bit rough - (the local fishing fleet was coming the other way, signalling us to turn round).

A large Italian 'Gin Palace' ahead of us then disappeared in a cloud of spray and turned round and ran back to port............. We followed!

Back in port we were invited on the 'Gin Palace' which was being delivered by a crew of 2 - skipper and cook, we were told that the cook had thrown himself to the floor in prayer as their boat hit the massive waves......... he cooked a great meal though..........

...... the next day we all carried on our way.... the weather, and sea state had changed that quickly... as it can in the Med............

..........Great trip though!

(y)(y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Googles says... "maybe"..
Blanes has a station and shows a connection with Girona BUT searches all come up and say use the Bus.. ?
Girona should be a main line to Perpignan.
http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Blanes/Perpignan
You get the bus to the station if your not up to walking. only a twenty min walk from bus station to railway. Trains then to Girona or south to Barcelona. BUSBY.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The L'Escala area gets my vote.

Unspoilt beaches, not too many Brits and a bit of culture(y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Great memory's from there when I was young...unprintable on here:LOL:

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Stayed at camping toucan last year in June nice site but will not go again as Lloret can get very rough at Niight tossa de mar is great there is a camp site in the centre of tossa not sure what it's called palamos further up the cost is nice we stayed on camping kings 5min walk from la fosca beach very nice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back