Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Philippft submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

I had already put some pictures on here of St Nicholas Church when we visited in June 2014. What I did not do is put up remaining pictures of the city itself, which I have done here. The city center can easily be covered by foot in a day and is an outstanding place to visit. Some great places to stop for a beer/coffee and snack/meal with some stunning views.

More information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ljubljana

Broken Link Removed

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
My favourite small capital city. When I went in 2010 you could wildcamp in the free car park just outside the gates of the campsite, with only a short bus ride into the city.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Yes love it also, when we stayed there last year they had an open air cinema showing the Angels Share a Scottish movie. Love the town center and the 3 rivers, just sitting having a beer watching the world go by.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi we live here so if anyone li looking for advice, happy to help if we can.
Glad you said that! I have a passion for Fly fishing and have looked at fly fishing in Slovenia but the prices are unbelievably high and nearly all decent trout water is owned by clubs. Is there places that offer good fly fishing that are free or very cheap ! Great country, by the way and very friendly people.

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I don't know much about fishing but I will ask for you. I am in the eastern side, its a lot poorer than the west but the people are lovely. Do you know when you would like to come?

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I don't know much about fishing but I will ask for you. I am in the eastern side, its a lot poorer than the west but the people are lovely. Do you know when you would like to come?
When the fishing is at it's best. I'm guessing May-September.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
This is not far from us, it looks like the average price is about 12 euros a day. I have no idea if this is expensive of not. http://translate.google.si/translate?hl=en&sl=sl&u=http://www.ribiskekarte.si/rd-ptuj&prev=/search?q=Muharjenje+Ptuj&biw=1366&bih=768
There is some smaller lakes, ponds, rivers around us. I will have to ask the locals about.
Thank you. €12.00 a day is not a problem. The guide books I have read are charging €90.00 a day and all owned by clubs.

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
The guide books I have read are charging €90.00 a day and all owned by clubs.
WOW!!! Slovenes would never pay that!
I am just back from a week in Croatia, I haven't had much time to ask around yet. As soon as I find out I will let you know!

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
A friend sent me these, it is in a place called lenart. Its all in Slovene, mine is very limited but can still help of you get stuck with Google translate
Broken Link Removed

This is the price list for 2014.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-0h5tVtkNorTlhoeVp1VHJneHc/edit?pli=1
I would suggest contact first by email as most young people can speak English, if they don't answer try phoning or you could just write down a number of questions and I will talk to them.
Za muharjenje (fly fishing)

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks again. I found the people of Slovenia very warm, polite and well educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back