Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Is there anyone out there thats fulltimed while they were young(ish) in their forties perhaps? If so how did you get on? What did you do when you came back? How long did you last or are you still out there?

Sick of talking about it, just want to do it!

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
I think the 'dream' of whatever you dream of constantly changes. Like a goal or a destination?
For us personally its a sense of freedom from the norm, a relief? A kind of liberation if you like. House sold, invested in a buy to let enough for RV and a little to fall back on. We are able to live off hubby's war pension and temping here and there if need be. We have a safety net in place and were just setting off or starting our journey or ending it depending on how you look at it.

I am not sure what triggered it, a series of events maybe? Mum dying, and never getting to go to Australia like she wanted to do all her life? the recession? and the constant working endlessly to pay the mortgage and never in the house long enough to enjoy it. I remember thinking, after a day at the office one day ...thats another brick paid for ha ha ha.

Having spent all my life caring for others one way or another, when the youngest one left home I had to re evaluate me, and for the first time had to consider what I wanted. I wanted to travel and see things but the time and money was never there when all the children were at home and if it was ? then holidays were catered around what the children liked. At the start of our 'extended holiday' I can only say how we feel now, and that is Free-unburdeoned-relaxed. When we get fed up we can come back. :Smile: I am under no illusion that travelling about a lot is going to be rosy all the time but then neither was staying static.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Often I see this advice given to those contempalting full timing, “ Just do it , Live The Dream” ..
but what do they mean, what do they imagine The Dream is ?

I’m far too much of a realist to ever contemplate such an idiotic fantasy Jim but I do sometimes smile at the naivety shown by what appear to be sensible mature people at the time of their life when they should be sitting back and enjoying the fruits of their labours.
I think it’s a fantasy on their part to think that they can now afford this huge motor home with all the bells and whistles when they couldn’t afford it when they were both working.

The reality is, they can’t... Don’t get me wrong, if you can afford a huge gin palace then what a lovely way to kick off your retirement with a couple of year’s tooing and frowing around Europe wonderful.. Add this to a few months in Aus and a tour of the US, a cruise or two brilliant. If you get a bit fed up with that then return home grow a few vegetables and do a bit of entertaining and decide what you are going to do next... This is not the reality if you have to sell your only home to fund it. To do that is not only an illogical fantasy, it is irresponsible. Who is going to house you when this fantasy becomes a nightmare?
When you have to live in your motorhome as a necessity rather than from choice then it is no longer a pleasure.

There are many who make a good living from this folly they will do their best to persuade you that fulltiming is the way of realising the dream and the dream is freedom, freedom to live your life as you want... Poppycock.

Your realisation has come late for you Jim but maybe your experience will make someone who is going through this strange process come to their senses and face reality before it is too late. :helptitanic:

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
Life without purpose is boring .. so how does The Dream fullfill this most basic of human needs ?
As we have discussed before, Jim, we are not fulltimers but longtermers - we still have family in the UK so have a UK address...
But nearly 2 years in we have found we needed a purpose and have gone back to writing. Nothing very important. Me about motorhoming and my wife is writing her first fiction.
But it has enhanced our life just to have something of a task to do which involves commitment to other people than ourselves.
We are lucky in that the pension does cover our living costs - not very lavishly but stops the worry.
Patrick

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Barryd

We were in mid 40s with two young kids. Lasted 10 years bought property 2 months ago

and now back in the RV for the next 8 months.

Buttons................

I sense a tone of disapproval in your post...idiotic..fantasy....nightmare..... folly..........

Well we have been there, done it and come out just fine. Now I realise that others have

not but so what ? Plenty of people fail in life. ( others are just plain boring or realistic )

......by the way , who is POPPYCOCK ? Is it those two dogs in your avatar ?

www.daisydraper.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I’m far too much of a realist to ever contemplate such an idiotic fantasy Jim but I do sometimes smile at the naivety shown by what appear to be sensible mature people at the time of their life when they should be sitting back and enjoying the fruits of their labours.
I think it’s a fantasy on their part to think that they can now afford this huge motor home with all the bells and whistles when they couldn’t afford it when they were both working.

The reality is, they can’t... Don’t get me wrong, if you can afford a huge gin palace then what a lovely way to kick off your retirement with a couple of year’s tooing and frowing around Europe wonderful.. Add this to a few months in Aus and a tour of the US, a cruise or two brilliant. If you get a bit fed up with that then return home grow a few vegetables and do a bit of entertaining and decide what you are going to do next... This is not the reality if you have to sell your only home to fund it. To do that is not only an illogical fantasy, it is irresponsible. Who is going to house you when this fantasy becomes a nightmare?
When you have to live in your motorhome as a necessity rather than from choice then it is no longer a pleasure.

There are many who make a good living from this folly they will do their best to persuade you that fulltiming is the way of realising the dream and the dream is freedom, freedom to live your life as you want... Poppycock.

Your realisation has come late for you Jim but maybe your experience will make someone who is going through this strange process come to their senses and face reality before it is too late. :helptitanic:

Quite extraordinary...

I have never been able to develop the skill of knowing what is right and wrong for other people...

JJ

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:Big decision to sell up and go but much easier if youi do not have children in tow but both parties must be of the same mind otherwise I don't think it work, you don't get many chances in life and I am one to think that if the opportunity comes along then grab it, if it goes wrong then at least you have tried but a long preparation is needed.
:thumb:Kennygd

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We know we have said this before-------------------- we changed our lifestyle when we were in our early 30's, we lived in a motorhome then old coach for six years with 2 small children, this was not a dream just a change in lifestyle. We only stopped because we wanted the children to finish their education in a school after having taught them for the time we were travelling. We worked occasionally, grape picking and apple picking in France, packing cucumbers on Crete, setting up a vineyard in Portugal, etc. etc., we never received a penny that we did not earn.

We so much enjoyed that way of life, although it had it's difficult times, as in all walks of life, that now our circumstances have allowed us to change our lifestyle once again. This may be called fulltiming by some, but we learnt the same lesson that many fulltimers are learning now the first time around, not to sell our property. This is an investment and no different to keeping the money in the bank, at least we get a good return on it plus it will be safer in the long run and as an added bonus, at our time of life, it will be somewhere to go back to should the need arise.

If you want to live 'The Dream' whatever it might be, make sure you have the funds to do it or as we do, we always have a 'Y' road, so that if one road becomes impassable, head down the other road.

Once you've realised your dream, then move on and find another that you can achieve.
Our dream is not to fulltime in an RV, it's to travel and the way we want to achieve that is by way of a motorhome.

We're flying out to the States this year to achieve another dream or two and that is to do Route 66 and see Alaska before we die, it will also be in a motorhome, nothing flash just something that will do the job.

Another dream we have is to see Victoria Falls, but we'll give the motorhome a miss on this one.

At the end of the day everyones dream is different and can be achieved in many ways, some successful, others not, that's life.

Nuff said. HAPPY TRAVELS

Nigel and Pamala

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Living the Dream?

I doubt this will be of much interest or use to Funsters given that we are all so different but the question of so called “full timing” comes up on a regular basis and given that I am not yet ready to go to bed I thought I would offer up some of my thoughts and experiences given that I have lived in a van/motorhome for the past twenty years.

When my wife at the time and I accepted the inevitable and separated I moved into my motor home of the day (a Mercedes Bariban, 1971.) I thought it would be a stop gap solution to my needs at the time but it did not take long for me to realize that not only was this “alternative” life style highly affordable but also that I loved it.

I was working as an entertainer. I was only just starting out as street performer then and so would have to travel to where ever my agent had found me "standard" work. I went in the motor home, usually travelling the night before the work which meant that not only did I travel on empty roads but also was always early for the next evening’s job.

I would spend the daytime doing whatever I wanted to and then would shower etc right before entering the venue thus arriving clean and fresh rather than crumpled and stressed as some of the acts used to after battling the UK traffic.

If things were delayed or the timings changed as often they were I just popped back “home” until I was needed.

When I was done for the night I did not have to worry about finding late night restaurants as I could always knock up something from the fridge.

This flexibility made me “easy to book” for my agent who could have me out earning in East Anglia one night, Manchester the next and the West Country the next knowing it wasn’t a problem for me. Also, not needing a hotel room made the finances more attractive to potential clients.

I have retired from that work now as I concentrate on performing a street show in Bath in the summer. In the winter I travel south and tend to spend most of it in Portugal.

The van life has fitted both my work and my personality perfectly. I have had to sort out many, many problems just as I would have done had I lived more conventionally but one by one these difficulties are overcome and often I smile when looking back at how worried I was over this or that.

This being a motor home forum there is little need to run off a list of the numerous benefits of life on the road. Fresh views whenever you want, no neighbour trouble, the opportunity to be completely spontaneous and the sense of control you have over your life.

What may be less obvious to readers is the number of other “full timers” (not “long termers”) there are on the road. It wasn’t long before I had built up a (growing) number of interesting people that I now call my van friends. With these friends I can share tales and experiences that my UK friends have little interest in. They don’t even know what a black water emptying point is! One couple I met this year have been “living the life” for over thirty years and are one of the nicest, most interesting couples I have had the pleasure of meeting. Their knowledge of “the life” is immense and they are only too ready to share it.

House dwelling friends cannot get their heads around the fact that I choose this lifestyle. Those who have no understanding are always offering me a “proper” bed for the night or “a shower” and show complete disbelief when I do my best to explain that I have a bed and a shower and a cooker and a fridge and central heating and air conditioning etc.!

I know I have been and still am very lucky to discover a life style that I enjoy so very, very much. I think my two children are beginning to start to worry about me (which means I really am getting old!) but then hey! What do kids know?

I am not recommending the “life” to anyone nor am I saying “don’t do it”. I will say though I must be one of the most contented people on earth even though you wouldn’t know it because I do “grumpy” as well, if not better, than most.

JJ

A rich man is not the one who has the most. A rich man is the one who needs the least.

PS. This forum and the friends I have made on it have added a new dimension to an already happy life. Thank you all. (A touch sickly sweet but true)

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
There are a few posts on here from people who have no idea about what fulltiming really means. It has little to do with dreams more to do with who you are and what you want to do with the rest of your life.
I'm in my third year of fulltiming by that I mean my Motorhome is my only home.
Some see my lifestyle (not a dream) as copping out and taking no responsibility for anyone but myself. I can't argue with that. I've had relationships whilst I've been on the road and in all cases it boils down to a choice stay or go. Well so far I've gone. This kind of life is in you or it's not. It doesn't take too long to find that out for yourself.
So my advice would be don't give up your roots until your certain that fulltiming is for you.
The future? Frankly I don't care. I had a good life before I went on the road and now I'm having a good life on the road.

Pete:Cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think that "living the dream"should be replaced by "living the reality".
Most posts are refuring to doing this"fulltiming"thing in later years,when people are relying on pensions,investments,sale of houses etc,to fund this dream.
The way I see it is that it is one thing to sell up and become a nomad when you are young healthy and fit,and able to suport yourself with work.
But a completly different ball game when you are older,and not so able to grape pick,orange pick,strawbery pick etc,
The reality of it all is that the older you become the less chance you have of recovering from any mistakes that happen.
If you are in a position that you have to sell the house which you have had to work all your life for to fund this dream,then I think its not realy for you,becouse none of use know how long we are going to live,so what happens after the money is gone from the house?????.
One more very important thing to remember,is anyone thinking they are going to save money by fulltiming compared with living behind the letterbox is definatley dreaming.
The depreciation on your motorhome,RV will more than cover your council tax bill without taking into account fuel,road tax,insurance"if you can get it", campsite fees,coming back to the UK every year for the MOT,and all the other things that you never even thought about.
But then again thats only my "informed"opinion,I dont blame anyone for wanting to do it,but dont think of it as a dream,its just a change of lifstyle,no more no less.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
but I never thought about how to fill the vacuum that giving up work would create. I was following a Dream.. but travelling without a real purpose other than for the sake of it is like letting a kid into a sweet shop.. basically we got tired of it .. you can only lie on a beach for so long , visit so many castles, pretty towns, lakes or rivers.. before it gets tedious ..

My dream was to travel, to see far away places, in that I succeeded, and I did realize a lifelong ambition to see Morocco which we will hopefully visit again, only this time for longer, on our own .. and not as a full timer

I hope that explains ..

There is a blog I have mentioned before called the vagabonders. Its written by George, an aging american who fulltimes in his RV over in the states. He survived cancer and decided to "live the dream".

I read an early post by him where he recounted a time when he realised the dream was empty. He decided to launch his blog which has become his life work. He sees it as a duty but a duty he loves. The blog is read by millions, so many that he lives of his state pension and the money he earns from adsense. The blog fills his days.

Most humans are not designed to sit around all day. Planning is the key. You mention Morocco Jim. I know you went last time with a tour company. When you say you will go alone next time is it fair to say you felt the tour company controlled your movements and you want the freedom to do your own thing? Doing your own thing needs planning, what is there to see, where to go, what is needed. This should all be part of the fun of the trip.

Fulltiming needs planning. Without doubt fulltiming is cheaper than house dwelling. Of course there are exceptions to the rule and each case has to be taken on its own merit. If we take equity I know a number of people who have lost lots of "perceived wealth" recently on their house value. If they had sold two years ago and had bought five years ago they could have claimed to have lived free because house value had gone up enough to cover the day to day costs.

One friend, 5 years ago took a lease on a shop. He has recently liquidated the company and is now living with his family in a rented house abroad planning on how to rebuild his life, they lost the house through it.

Life is a gamble guys and gals, live it as you want to and live it now

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Just read George's blog

Dinner at Sherry and Warren's home
Mr Traveldecal reminded in a ShoutBox post that I did not tell you about dinner at Sherry and Warren's home on Wednesday evening. Wow! Another senior moment!

Sherry and Warren live in a small bus conversion a very short distance behind my present Camp. Dinner was great! Sherry fixed up a white Madrigal fish that Warren had caught that afternoon with a spear gun! Would you believe?

The fish was soooooo good, with lots of garlic [I love garlic]. We ate outdoors in the nice small yard that Sherry and Warren have fixed up. Since that dinner, I have spent a lot of time with them talking about a zillion things.

These two have unusual lives. Sherry spends about an hour daily exercising out in the small bay near our Camp. Warren goes out each day for a fishing swim. No boat! Just a wet suit, swim fins, mask and spear gun.

and his next post

7:30PM - Sergeant York movie
This evening the plan is to go to Sherry and Warren's Camp and watch the movie "Sergeant York" on my Mr. HP computer! "Sergeant York" the movie is an account of Alvin York, the highest decorated American soldier in World War I. Gary Cooper plays York, and won an Academy Award for his 1941 performance.

Other Campers are invited to watch the movie too. We will view the movie outside in front of Sherry and Warren's RV. I am bringing my sound booster system so that we will all be able to hear the movie's sound!

an impromtu get together cinema. Of course everyone sitting in their own homes watching Corrie might be preferable :help::help:

stew

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Interesting, reading through the posts, generally it appears to come down to.

The grass is greener !

In my experience it very rarely is, all you do is exchange one set of problems for another. Its taken me along time (slow learner) but you are better off staying put and trying to sort them out, whether that be, partners, country's or even motorhomes.

They say it's the journey not the destination, so may be you are better off reading about others peoples dreams and keeping yours alive within your head, rather than putting them into practice and arriving at the destination only to find your dream becomes a nightmare.

I can quite understand that if you are alone, without commitments, then setting sail in a motorhome, yacht or even a narrowboat as some attraction, but that's a lifestyle choice not IMHO living the dream.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
They say it's the journey not the destination, so may be you are better off reading about others peoples dreams and keeping yours alive within your head, rather than putting them into practice and arriving at the destination only to find your dream becomes a nightmare.

They say it's the journey not the destination I read that though as an advert for fulltiming - damn the destination (where to live if it all goes belly up), get on with the journey (fulltiming :Smile::Smile:)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think that "living the dream"should be replaced by "living the reality".

Thanks, that's exactly correct ..

This has been a good thread, thanks to all, I'm sure it has given a lot of food for thought to the those contemplating a life on the road ...

There has been a lot of really good advice and ideas on how to have a successful full time lifestyle.. or not.

To those who still Dream.. don't stop.. but keep your feet on the ground and take a long hard look at the practicalities, listen to the advice from those who are doing or have done it.

As I see it there are two types of Dreamers..

Those who want a lifestyle change and those who simply want to travel. If like me you simply want to travel then I would advise NOT to sell up. Save your pennies and travel within your budget as and when you can.. that is now my intention..

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Ideally yes I would be happy to travel say 6 months of the year and then come home for a bit and go off again and Mrs D would definately go for that. However we cant afford to. If we go off and dont rent the house out we will have no income and still have to pay council tax etc. So not only would we be running a house we are not in we wouldnt be making much money either so we would probably be burning into our capital at a rate of at least £1500 to maybe £2000 a month.

Turn it around and rent out the house and go full time then we wouldnt need to dig into capital except for emergancies and would be fully funded.

So its all or nothing for us and therein lies the problem. In my opinion this couldnt come at a better time. Im at a crossroads in my life where there is hardly any work and I am sick of what I am doing anyway so probably need to think about a new business avenue. I could afford to take 5 years say and go off in the van, come back and start again pretty much in the same financial situation as I am now. How could there be a better time to do it?

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to win a big tender for a years work which if it comes of means great, I will have a very well paid income for another year but then I will be in the same situation again. On one of the bids I put a ridiculous figure in on purpose with the hope of it being turned down!

When I think about it Ive been planning this escape since I was a teenager. I always wanted to sail around the world, at every opportunity in my life I have loved to escape and never wanted to come back to my roots. Its not like I have had a crap life either. I was brought up in a wonderful home with great parents and have a lovely wife, great career (well it was) and a fabulous home. Whats wrong with me? Wonderlust is tearing me apart!

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
This may put the cat among the pigeons (or is it canaries), but when there is so much suffering and need in the world, isn't going off 'living the dream' pure self-indulgence? Perhaps the cost of an MH could build a school or fund a hospital in Africa.

Ivy

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Well - the wife and I have just sat down and read this thread through from front to back and the one thing it shows above all else - something we found out before we started full timing - everyones reason for full timing is very different - we have met many now and found them all to be cheerful happy people. No one but no one has the same reasons as any other. That I think is the key to this you must have a reason as well as a dream - a purpose for doing it and a plan of some sorts. To just get in and drive with no start and finish point planned for is bound to lead to frustration. As one of the posters on here said to me he would have to have a plan even if it were just to clean one window a day :ROFLMAO:

My advise to anyone considering it is listen to everyone - select from that the info that relate just to you and yours - if that ties up with your dream do it - if you have any doubt at all wait. Above all else examine why and how you will get out if it all fails to be your dream.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This may put the cat among the pigeons (or is it canaries), but when there is so much suffering and need in the world, isn't going off 'living the dream' pure self-indulgence? Perhaps the cost of an MH could build a school or fund a hospital in Africa.

Ivy

Ivy, you do not use your motorhome fulltime:Eeek: Now that is pure self indulgence. You spend all that money and use it just a few weeks a year. shame on you, think of the good you could do if you sold it:ROFLMAO:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08

Ivy

Lets put it this way. Im much more likely to start doing voluntary work or helping others if I have time on my hands living in a motorhome. What am I going to contribute now running a large house, holding down a business and running a motorhome? Nothing apart from the odd dontation when you see some disaster or other on the telly.

I will make this happen. I always do. When I want something I always get it eventually.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
not going to respond to loujess, don't want to be a pigeon or canary :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Now stop it. You've made me laugh. I've also taken a look at myself (not good). I've just been out to the MH, sorted the shower curtain, got the 12v tv working properly and then smiled indulgently at my beautiful MH before I went indoors again. Mind you, the postman has just been and that has wiped the smile off my face. Blinking RAC want £89.55 for this year's recovery. Grrrrrr!

Ivy

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Ivy

Dare I suggest that if the people in the rich part of the world didn't use up so much "stuff" with their bricks and mortar, with houses far bigger than is necessary for shelter and security... that if people didn't have to make such an effort to pay off huge interest sums on mortgages... that if people could find happiness in a much simpler life style... then maybe more people could help the less fortunate in the world to have more schools and hospitals...

Naturally I don't think this will ever happen... but it would release more funds than giving up your motorhome :winky:

JJ

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
fulltiming

Hi,
well, this is my second longterm stint at fulltiming. Tried the house thing several times and it's no contest. I wouldn't live any other way now. Burnt all my bridges, put my stuff in a container and hope I never have a need to drag it out again. Got all I need right here within arms reach.

Re the one way trip into space? Wow, where do I sign?
Where's your sense of adventure guys? :RollEyes:

Cliche it may be, but life is for living and doing what makes you content and happy.
One's relationship with anything, be it a marriage, living on the road or a job means you need to commit.
In the end, it's not about what you think you'd be missing, it's about what you need and what you can live without...... Keep you needs simple. It's the trappings of life that restrict living our dreams.
Some are born to live in a pile of expensive bricks and the rest are destined to seek adventures and travel. Pick up a spot of work here and there to keep the tank topped up...

I guess it's all about what floats your boat as regards security. The best lesson I've learned in life is that nothing is secure and nothing is forever.....
Carpe diem
:Smile:

jelzz

Free Member
Jan 22, 2010
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
I've enjoyed reading everyones thoughts on this subject.. It seems to me its all about what you want out of life..
My husband and I are in our 40's and have enjoyed going away every other week or weekend for the last 5 years. But last year Mark was diagnosed with UC (Bowel disease) which has made him pretty ill. And even worse he was so ill that we couldn't even use the motorhome.. Slowly he is improving although going back to work is a long way off.
:shout:So this year I have decided to leave my job (which I dont like anyway) and we're going to tour England, Scotland & Wales throughout the summer months.. As Mark says he may as well be ill looking at stunning scenery than at home stuck looking at 4 walls.. So thats what we're gonna do.. We now get the best of both worlds :yeah: !!!!!
And who knows what next year will bring.. We'll worry about it then.

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Ideally yes I would be happy to travel say 6 months of the year and then come home for a bit and go off again and Mrs D would definately go for that.
So its all or nothing for us and therein lies the problem.

Barry, I notice you have posted various threads about your conundrum ... just reading what you say makes it sound so much that you need to change your lifestyle that I hope you find a way to do it. Could you not go for a year initially, that's a reasonable time to let out your house but not so long that your wife will feel she has irrevocably committed.
It sounds that if you don't do this you'll regret it for the rest of your life,
Violet

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back