Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Has anyone stayed at the Marina in Liverpool which as dedicated places for Motorhomes, what I want to know if generators are allowed, and before anyone kicks off with anti generator posts I’ll explain why I might need it.

We are thinking of going to Liverpool for a few days, we have 190 Ah of batteries 200 watt of solar, we have a compressor fridge and we will be using the Truma heating, and a CPAP sleep apnea machine on 12 volt, as well as the usual usage.

Being the time of year I don’t think the solar panels will do much, but I’d only use the generator if really needed to charge my batteries.

Thanks,
John.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You dont have to park exactly at the Marina..
There are no dedicated spaces it's just part of the overall parking area for Kings / Albert docks.
It got advertised as a feature of the marina but in reality you still pay the car park company via a machine, you will need £15 in £1 coins!. The marina allow you to use the showers and toilets i understand for a key deposit fee. Toilet cassette emptying was mentioned originally at £15 :Eeek: the same they charge for boats. However have seen some recent facebook post that say its now just £5.
In fact the Marina is a slightly longer walk so unless you really want to be there you can park closer to the city.

When we stayed it was on the smaller of the 2 coach parks. There is a number on the ticket machine to the control office, i called them and they were watching me on camera and told me to park there. No issues except 2 cars pulled up late, eat their McDonalds and threw the packaging out the car windows and then drove off.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3...4!1sdjovZ9YwaPFJwacrS2qo2w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

vjt

Free Member
Apr 2, 2018
Funster No
Planning permission for motorhomes on this site has been denied by Liverpool City Council (application 17F/3110). Residents have been fighting this for 12 months now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Stayed there 2 weeks ago will be no problem using a generator during the day loads of room. You can pay by card in the parking machine by the marina. Nice walk along the river to Albert Dock.

vjt

Free Member
Apr 2, 2018
Funster No
I'm referring to the motorhome park at Liverpool Marina. Planning permission denied by LCC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back