Liverpool Marina (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Apparently there is parking for motorhomes at Liverpool Marina. 15quid for 24 hours.
Anybody 'experienced' this please?

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Haven't experienced it but £15 sounds a bit steep unless they are providing water, cassette emptying etc.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We stayed last August on the Albert docks...
Really you are just on the main car park outside the marina, you can either be down by the marina and outside the gates or park up by the coach parks.. £15 in £1 coins needed for the machine..

When they started to promote the marina if was stated a £10 deposit for a key and you could use the showers / toilets..
However they wanted £10 to empty a toilet cassette !!!! Think I read somewhere on Facebook they were going to review that.

@Huwmari does sound a lot but it's city centre parking and an easy walk to many of the Liverpool attractions.
We needed to visit the passport office for an emergency issue so we tied that in with a city visit.. If you want free parking, nip under the tunnel and you can overnight at New Brighton for free and catch a train / bus back into Liverpool, but cost that for 2 adults and 2 kids it made the £15 seem reasonable and more convenient. (y)

IMG_20160729_123445.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Yes, I've used this parking the night before/after catching the ferry from the Island. It's a huge amount of money for me but it's so convenient for the boat and for the city and Albert Dock. There are no services but it's under 24 hour camera watch so one might hope it's secure. Most times I've stayed it's just been me there and an empty coach.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
My wife and I stayed within the marina car park for a couple of nights in Feb. Fantastic location for exploring the docks & city. Yes, it's £15 per night for a car park but you try booking one of the hotels also located within the docks for that;)
View from our window.
IMG_5446.JPG
IMG_5465.JPG

Mary Cordall

Free Member
Oct 28, 2017
Funster No
Perfect for a day and night in Liverpool with friendly welcome and hot showers. Felt safe and super setting (as photos in previous post). We thought it was a great facility. There is a decent bar and restaurant in the marina too, though we went into the city.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Copy of an email I received in September in answer to a query.

CAMPER VAN INFO – SAT NAV LOCATION L3 4BP

Hi – here is all the information that you need for visiting our marina:

It costs £15 per night, which can be paid at the machines using:

Cash: ONLY “old” £1 and £2 coins (no 50ps or new £1) machines 1,2,3 in picture

Card: at machine 2 only – Contactless, on the pad above the keypad

Phone: using a non-contactless card over the phone using the information on the signs

PARKING

Please only use the areas as listed on the maps below

If we are full you can get parking at: KINGS DOCK L3 4FP which is around the corner – they don’t have any facilities but at least you can park for the night

SHOWERS / TOILETS / WATER and ELSAN

Access to the showers and toilets are with an access card. For the card, you will need to place a £10 deposit and you will get £5 back upon return of the card to the office. The card can only be obtained and returned during office hours:

Monday to Friday – 9 to 5

Sat and Sunday – 9 - 1

Water and Elsan can only be accessed during these office hours only:

Monday to Friday – 9 to 4

Sat and Sunday – 9 – 12

PLEASE DO NOT USE THE TOILETS FOR DISPOSING OF WASTE AS YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM SITE. WASTE CAN BE DISPOSED OF
DURING OFFICE HOURS ONLY

upload_2017-10-28_11-24-26.png

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My wife and I stayed within the marina car park for a couple of nights in Feb. Fantastic location for exploring the docks & city. Yes, it's £15 per night for a car park
Cheap compared to Hayling Island they want £15 from 10pmto 9am and from 9am to 6pm £1.20 hour and it's quite a scruffy car park we drove in a couple of days ago looked at the prices and drove out.
It was £5 to overnight when they first allowed it a few years ago, I believe the local campsite owners complained. They just don't get it do they all it does is drive Motorhomes off the island.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Cheap compared to Hayling Island they want £15 from 10pmto 9am and from 9am to 6pm £1.20 hour and it's quite a scruffy car park we drove in a couple of days ago looked at the prices and drove out.
It was £5 to overnight when they first allowed it a few years ago, I believe the local campsite owners complained. They just don't get it do they all it does is drive Motorhomes off the island.

Been down that way on a bike ride twice in the last month and there must have been 20-30 vans parked up so seems popular.

Caught the ferry over to the other side to ride into southsea and a few parked up in by the lifeboat place, one American van looks like he has not moved for a long while..

Oct 26, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 810G
Exp
since 2003
Is there a limit on size of motorhome?

Joe

vjt

Free Member
Apr 2, 2018
Funster No
Planning permission for motorhomes on this site has been denied by Liverpool City Council (planning application 17F3110). Residents and local councillors have been fighting this for 12 months now.

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
Ive used Liverpool marina and the cassette empty point is down the left side of the building and you paid a deposit for the card to use the shower/ toilet and got the money back when handing in the card. Also used hayling island over the winter nobody was paying apparently with a few full timers saying they've not seen the machines in working order and even the phone pay system just rung endlessly. At the moment the main part of the car park is being dug up for resurfacing ( last week )

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Planning permission for motorhomes on this site has been denied by Liverpool City Council (planning application 17F3110). Residents and local councillors have been fighting this for 12 months now.

Does that mean we can park while it is being disputed or are there barriers in place to prevent MHs parking ?

vjt

Free Member
Apr 2, 2018
Funster No
Councillor has asked LCC to take enforcement action. I'm not sure what the position is regarding the appeal period.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Councillor has asked LCC to take enforcement action. I'm not sure what the position is regarding the appeal period.

I wonder what the grounds for refusal were. In here we have had had a little success getting councils to embrace MHs on the basis of money spent in the locality.

But probably more failures as councils react to local pressure from residents, often justified, and local campsites, totally unjustified.

Blackpool is a success story. They recognise the benefits of MHs.

So does Biarritz, which I think outranks Blackpool by quite a bit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back