Liverpool Marina Overnight Parking (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Andy1954
Jul 6, 2018
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
burstner brevio t640
Exp
Since 2010
Never stayed there, the company I work for have a boat there, it was in a link I received, I'm sure someone will come along soon who has stayed there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Wow, that has gone up, we paid £11 per night a few years ago with the option of paying an additional £10 for the facilities, which we declined as not needed.

Parking for us was within the carpark area situated outside of the marina, this may have changed and parking could well be within the confinement of the marine??

Fantastic location if visiting Liverpool docks and Centre.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Interesting. What is it live to stay at? Noisy? Safe?
I've had my boat at two S. Coast marinas and at both there was 24hr security guard and one had entry and exit barriers operated by a coded card.
If it's breezy you'll probably have the music of mast rigging ;)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Stayed here 15th July 2021 for three nights. Excellent location for the city , great food and I believe excellent value at £35 .
Hi, do you remember which parking spot number you booked as I see some are in the shade of the building and going in March so needing the solar to hopefully have some sun.

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
Liverpool is such a compact, walkable city, with the best rail network outside London, that there are better alternatives than driving into the city, and paying.

I showed some people from Kent where to stay overnight in Crosby. Free parking at the station, 20 minute train into central Liverpool, every 15 minutes.
Places to park overnight, near the beach and the "Iron Men". Very safe.

I have done a little guide if anyone's interested.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
👍 Why not post a copy in the resources section..could be very useful. We stayed on Albert docks a couple of years ago but I think they have since stopped motorhomes from overnighting except down at the marina which is IMO far to overpriced.
Other options we use for Liverpool visits are Southport or the Junction pub at Rainford and then train in.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
This is a place we will stay at later in the year for the three night max.Anyone got a heads up on the bay/location to book? We are 8.5m long.
Thanks.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Liverpool is such a compact, walkable city, with the best rail network outside London, that there are better alternatives than driving into the city, and paying.

I showed some people from Kent where to stay overnight in Crosby. Free parking at the station, 20 minute train into central Liverpool, every 15 minutes.

I have a conference at the exhibition centre and want to go to the Peak District on the way back down south for a few days so looking to take the motorhome rather than travel up by car or rail.

Will check out Crosby though.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
There are all sorts of spots at the marina what the op referred too, and you could head over to new brighton, west kirkby and wallasey while you are there...you may just decide to off grid it on the coast. 1.80 via tunnel or easy train ride.

crosby beach is also nice up the other way

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I actually think it's pretty good value for money.

Access to Liverpool, Ellen, laundry etc and while its £35, there's £10 in the restaurant.

Think I'd use it no problem and as expensive as some other sites around.

Thanks for posting the details 👍🏻
Who’s Ellen? Do I want access to her 😂😂😂?

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
We drove into the Marina 2 weeks ago in the car as our friends had stayed there the week before, we went just for a look and see where it was.

The £35 quid even with a tenner in the bar was in our opinion too much, the location for us needed a taxi both ways to get into the city centre so making it quite an expensive day out. I’m not tight but after a day around Liverpool I can see 200 quid gone when everything is added together

The location also for us, with possibly being the closest was not the prettiest so we may give this a miss

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I have a conference at the exhibition centre and want to go to the Peak District on the way back down south for a few days so looking to take the motorhome rather than travel up by car or rail.

Will check out Crosby though.
I think it is lovely but that is my opinion every man on the beach is different , not two are the same, so I have been told

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
Any good?
I've made a few minor corrections and added some more details and info.

Please use THIS version.

If you can think of anything more I might add, shout. [warning: I don't do football...] :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Motorhome Crosby.pdf
    138.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie

Parking on Formby or Crosby beach isn't great, I personally know 2 people that have had their cars broken into while going for a walk along the beach , one in Formby one at Crosby

Thieves target the cars at Crosby because they know photographers leave equipment in their cars

Generally Liverpool is a very safe place , it doesn't deserve the reputation in has , one of the friendliest cities you'll ever visit

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
There is no "crime-free" place on Earth, and as you say, Liverpool is safer than most, according to statistics.

Common-sense precauttions will help, with local advice, and vans are probably more secure than cars.

Just seen another motorhome heading for the beach from my window! (y)

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
Very busy today, despite being overcast and blustery. The second pic is the car park at the bottom of Mariners Road, where vans often stay overnight.
20220130_145314 (another copy).jpg
2022-01-30 14 (copy).45.04.jpg

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It's a car park. I've been in the past, but wont pay £35 for unsecured car parking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back