Liverpool Marina Overnight Parking (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
FWIW, Crosby and indeed Liverpool City Centre have featured in the Sunday Times Best Places To Live Guide for many years....

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
This is a place we will stay at later in the year for the three night max.Anyone got a heads up on the bay/location to book? We are 8.5m long.
Thanks.
When I looked into it all the bays seemed to say 7.5m maximum

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
Liverpool is the most un-English "English" city. It has always faced outward, towards the rest of the world, with its back to England...

There are almost no purely-English people there !

Irish, Welsh ("capital of North Wales"), Scandinavians (they gave us "Scouse"), Scottish (our shipbulders and engineers), Germans, Jews, Blacks (oldest community in the country), Chinese (oldest community in Europe), Italians, and every other nation under the sun. Few English.... :love:

We invented "multiculturism", without any rancour, 150 years ago. We made it work, by forging a unique common identity - "Scousers" (y)

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
"All the races of mankind were there, wonderfully mixed. Imagine an infants class of half-castes, quadroons, octaroons, with all the latitudes and longitudes confused in them...We could see them down there, like a miniature League of Nations assembly gone mad...Although they had mostly been begotten, born and reared in the most pitifully sordid circumstances, nearly all of them were unusually attractive in appearance, like most of oddly mixed blood...Looking at them, you did not think of the riff-raff of the stokeholds and the slatterns of the slums who had served as their parents: they seemed like charming exotic fruits, which indeed they were, of some profound anthropological experiment."

JB Priestley, "English Journey", 1934 [comments on Liverpool]

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
"Speaking of negroes, recalls the looks of interest with which negro sailors are regarded when they walk the Liverpool streets. In Liverpool indeed the negro steps with a prouder pace, and lifts his head like a man; for here, no such exaggerated feeling exists in respect to him, as in America. Three or four times, I encountered our black steward, dressed very handsomely, and walking arm in arm with a good-looking English woman. In New York, such a couple would have been mobbed in three minutes; and the steward would have been lucky to escape with whole limbs. Owing to the friendly reception extended to them, and the unwonted immunities they enjoy in Liverpool, the black cooks and stewards of American ships are very much attached to the place and like to make voyages to it.

...a little reflection showed that, after all, it was but recognizing his claims to humanity and normal equality; so that, in some things, we Americans leave to other countries the carrying out of the principle that stands at the head of our Declaration of Independence."

Herman Melville, "Redburn - his first voyage", 1849

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
FWIW, Crosby and indeed Liverpool City Centre have featured in the Sunday Times Best Places To Live Guide for many years....

Why do you think we live here 😀🙌🙆👍👍

Nov 1, 2019
manchester
Funster No
MH
2018 Rollerteam t590
Exp
9 mnths
Stayed on Coburg Wharf November 2021 - Really great for the Beatles statue/Story tour and a short walk in to city centre to Mathew St. etc.
Going again soon to visit museums and the tons of other great attractions. It was quiet when we were there even though very close to the Yacht Club. The staff were great to deal with and I'm looking forward to going back.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
There is no "crime-free" place on Earth, and as you say, Liverpool is safer than most, according to statistics.

Common-sense precauttions will help, with local advice, and vans are probably more secure than cars.

Just seen another motorhome heading for the beach from my window! (y)
A few years ago I took my wife and daughter to see a show in Liverpool , I went to the cinema rather than drive home and back but the film was still an hour shorter than the show so I went into a subway for a coffee

It was about 9pm , grand national day , 2 groups of drunk scousers were having a discussion from one side of the building to the other with me in the middle

It was hilarious , they might as well have been speaking Chinese , they must tone it down when they're speaking to muggles because when they're speaking to each other it was full on Scouse
I had no idea what they were on about , they wouldn't have needed code in WW2 , just put a scouser on each end of the line 😂

Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
The South Liverpool accent (e.g. Beatles) is warmer, "flat-er", more educated and intelligible.

The North Liverpool accent is harsher, more yelp-like, and grittier.

Last edited:

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
It was hilarious , they might as well have been speaking Chinese , they must tone it down when they're speaking to muggles because when they're speaking to each other it was full on Scouse
I had no idea what they were on about , they wouldn't have needed code in WW2 , just put a scouser on each end of the line 😂
I assumed from your forum name that you were a scouser yourself.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Weee will t(y)ppee slooower for yooouu theeen.
Northants not Devon

On another forum a few years ago a member posted a picture of a really nice Citroen C15 camper for sale in Devon

It was very cheap so I gave the guy a call , it was like talking to a pirate, his accent was very West country

He was really suspicious how I'd got his number as he hadn't advertised it other than the number on the back of it

What I should have done was got on the train with the cash and not mentioned where I was coming from

As soon as I mentioned a deposit by bank transfer he said

Oo oi downt knew about that , givin yew moi bank details, yew moight be one of them scammers who empties moi bank account

No matter how I tried to convince him I wasn't a scammer he wasn't having it

He puts the phone down , won't answer it again then blocks me

Gutted

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
For what it's worth, I go into Blue Point Marine Svs literally just round the bend from the marina. The parking in the marina looks really tight with limited space so I wouldn't consider taking a 7.5m van in there.

As for the main pay and display car park outside? Well, the owner of Blue Point has told me categorically not to park in the car park outside. He said I'll definitely get my diesel nicked and whatever else can be lifted? I'm lucky enough to be allowed to park in the Blue Point yard that is locked and secure as long as I ring him to let him know that I'll be there, and he has also extended that offer to me when we are in the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back