Liverpool Girl- on the road again! (1 Viewer)

automedon

Free Member
Mar 22, 2013
Huddersfield West Yorks.
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter convers
Exp
3 yrs
Hi to all you Funsters, we have recently joined after a lot of debating of how to spend our pensions wisely. My manager (Gill) settled it by telling me I should spend a full weeks pocketmoney (mine) on the subscription so here we are. Both Liverpudlians, we met on the internet after spending years on our own and are now celebrating 4 yrs. being together.
Our careers brought us both to Yorkshire many years ago and it was only when we joined the on-line dating agency (Old and Desperate .com) we got to talking and finding out that we were actually near neighbours as kids and even into our teens, going to the same Pubs/Clubs/Icerinks/Dancehalls etc. Before retirement, Gill was in local government, I was in the Merchant Navy and later when I came ashore, Environmental Health.
What really has cemented our relationship is the decision to purchase a Sprinter 310d Van Conversion off a 'guy we met one drunken night in a pub', you can imagine the look on our faces the next morning when we woke up to find we were the new owners of a Motorhome and some guy was waiting for his cash that we had promised him!!
Thankfully it has worked out for the better, we both fell in love with 'the old girl' who boasted of over 170,000 miles on her clock and knew every back street and main road through France and Spain.
We have now had her in our care for 3 yrs. and cannot wait for March to come around when we get her out of Winter Storage and get her back on the road again, once again, as we have done for the past 2 yrs. we are planning on a trip to France for a whole month (the beauty of being retired) before returning to Yorkshire and spending more time up in the Dales or the Lakes or like last season heading up to Northumberland and enjoying the beauty of that coastline.
And yes, we are still good friends with the 'guy in the pub' we bought L'pool Girl' from, our enthusiasm has prompted him to purchase another panel van and start another conversion for him and his wife to enjoy.
Until March, we have the MHF site to enjoy and in all honesty it has been well worth spending my pocket money on thanks to all of you and your interesting and comical contributions. Cheers from Dom and Gill.:Smile:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome Scousers from a former Huddersfloodian, who will be back there next week for a flying visit. Quite a few on here from H!

:flyingwelcome:

Catherine

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
:welcome: Dom & Gill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi from sunny S****horpe from an ex boltonian.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi from sunny S****horpe from an ex boltonian.

Whats gone on with S****horpe? it's only a town? why bring unwarranted attention to part of it???? or is there a rude word checker on your system, Jim? it's a bit pathetic IMHO. there's the full name in my avatar!!!!
Dave:Angry::Angry:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Whats gone on with S****horpe? it's only a town? why bring unwarranted attention to part of it???? or is there a rude word checker on your system, Jim? it's a bit pathetic IMHO. there's the full name in my avatar!!!!
Dave:Angry::Angry:

Did you preview your post before posting , easy to hit wrong keys, I may be wrong but think its very unlikely that Jim or a spell checker was involves

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Great introduction welcome to Fun, check the rallies and meets out

:flyingwelcome:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
A Warm Welcome from us,and if your ever up here in our neck of the woods on ya travels give us a shout,Regards Alf&M

gorsty

Free Member
Aug 17, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
:welcomefunster: from two scousers to another two scousers :thumb:

dave and the long haired one

AL99

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New with lots to learn
Welcome, we are based in Huddersfield too! great introduction, Happy motor homing.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Did you preview your post before posting , easy to hit wrong keys, I may be wrong but think its very unlikely that Jim or a spell checker was involves

As you can see it was edited in the original post and again in my reply, I definately spelt it correctly, I will write it again now and see what happens..............

S****HORPE., it reads right on my laptop.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
As you can see it was edited in the original post and again in my reply, I definately spelt it correctly, I will write it again now and see what happens..............

S****HORPE., it reads right on my laptop.

So there we go edited, but NOT BY ME!
Dave::Angry:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
:welcomefunster: always a beer in our van for a scouser ( it's only a small one though for evertonians)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hiya's from Geordies, we passed thro Huddersfield once I seem to remember.

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
hola

:thumb: Welcome to the fun :thumb: