LIVE TV IN SPAIN (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
With our mobile phone data we were able to view live tv through a app called Film On.Worked well but wonder if the Google chrome cast would transfer this picture to the tv ? Thinking of buying one for our next Europe trip .Would it work through our mobile hotspot.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Filmon is now pay rather than free as from a couple of weeks ago. All the other similar providers are going the same way now, as providers and authorities cracking down on stealing of copyright material licensed for country A but being illegally made available in countries B C D etc without paying the copyright holder.

OP
OP
mojo
May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Oh! I dont mind paying a sensible cost to stay legal and assume if I do so the Chrome cast will accept the stream ?
Salesman in Maplin advised illegal sites such as Film On are somehow blocked through Chrome Cast ?
We all get same data in Europe as if still in UK from July so this method of tv looks promising.
Our sat footprint now smaller than a few years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
Oh! I dont mind paying a sensible cost to stay legal and assume if I do so the Chrome cast will accept the stream ?
Salesman in Maplin advised illegal sites such as Film On are somehow blocked through Chrome Cast ?
We all get same data in Europe as if still in UK from July so this method of tv looks promising.
Our sat footprint now smaller than a few years ago.

Hi.
This is what I use with my iphone and connect to tv.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think the big question is how you are planning to connect to the Internet. If you can get a fast WiFi connection with unlimited data then you can watch TV with the right connections, so to speak. But forget it with a PAYG sim card from a UK country.

Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
Try rob's satellite to to he does ask for a donation if possible, and you have to register, but it covers a lot of channels.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi.
This is what I use with my iphone and connect to tv.
I had a look at that and looked online for reviews, quite a few said it didn't work
I've tried casting sky sports throu Apple TV, Cromecast, fire stick and no joy, however you can use the Xbox 360 with sky go

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
If the app you are using won't work with Chromecast, try an app called Localcast the Chromecast dongle will work with this and provided the dongle and the phone/tablet are connected to the same network it should work.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Somebody is using a Firestick in Portugal. ..the one J Clarkson is advertising for Amazon...he says that works perfect if you have a good wifi internet signal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back