Live Ignition Feed in Fusebox? (1 Viewer)

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
I too found it difficult to find an ignition controlled fuse for a dashcam on the 290. The one i did find was F37 in the dashboard fuse box which feeds the brake lights and instrument panel. Only rated at 7.5 amps. I used a piggy back fuse rated 3 amp.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi Gellyneck, can you remember which one you used for the battery connection (permanently on) please?

I've been using F33 but the dashcam goes off after a few minutes in parking mode and wondered if there was a timer on it!
As Dane Diabalo says your dashcam may very well be designed to go into standby mode after a period of time.

I used F49 which is a switched supply as I wanted the dashcam to power down. If you're looking for a permanent live I think F32 or F38 may be options for you. The former being interior cab lights and the latter the door locks but best check first.

Jun 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
My Nextbase 412GW dashcam is designed to do that.

Intelligent Parking Mode is featured on the Nextbase 412GW models and up. Intelligent Parking Mode can be turned on via the menu settings for the Dash Cam. It will put the cam into standby mode after five minutes of inactivity. The dash cam will then power on and record a two-minute protected file when physical movement of the vehicle is detected. This can result from the car being bumped into or a door being shut.
Thanks both, after a bit of head scratching, I found the issue!

As I've been parked on the drive for a few days, I'd hit the cab battery a bit hard and it was actually the 'battery protection' element of the Viofo hardwire kit that was turning the device off. You live and learn ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back