Little visitor (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We are getting some winter sun in Cape Verde and this little chap came to say hello. He was from a litter of strays that live on the beach. Sad. Yes, we would take him home if we could.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 381

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You know what they say,"When you go to your Girlfriends house, look at the GF's mother" Thats what your GF will look like.
Question is, What does 'your' mutts Mum look like?

Sep 28, 2017
Audenshaw Manchester
Funster No
MH
Compass 180 Rambler
Exp
2017 Just started as Retirement looms in August
Be careful, a very good friend of mines wife fell in love with a stray dog in Cyprus (Turkish side ) it ended up costing him £1800 to get it Home she said Pooch I said ouch

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
awww, he's cute, quite a little charmer, but the sad thing is that wherever you go, there are so many unwanted dogs who need a loving home and it's impossible to rescue them all..:(

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Awwwwww bring him home bring him home bring him home PLEEEEEEEEASE ... Oh he is adorable. He has chosen YOU ... oooooh.. give him a kiss on his nose from me please... oooooh. Xxxxxx for the little un.

Get him a rabies vaccination and you can.

You first movan?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Still regret not bringing home a little dog that adopted us when we were in Portugal .... over 30 years ago.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I was chosen by my last dog, went ot look a the pups, chose one and as I was leaving this other pupp grabbed hold of my trouser leg and wouldn't let go, fortunately I was able to change my mind, best dog we ever had RIP Zoe.

OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
You know what they say,"When you go to your Girlfriends house, look at the GF's mother" Thats what your GF will look likegrow into.
Question is, What does 'your' mutts Mum look like?
Sadly there are a few around that look like they have had pups. Not all look too muttly.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I still have memories of a big foxhound stray on an Aire in Portugal last year.
I stepped out of the 'van, he took one look at me from about 30yds away and straight away, walked up and put his face on my thigh looking at me with the biggest, saddest eyes.

It took a lot of willpower to ignore the silent pleading.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You'll, unfortunately , have a large choice.:(
That's very sad indeed ...but who knows maybe they are happy enough.

If I say lots of sad cute dogs that's me stuffed I'll have a van full of them

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We are getting some winter sun in Cape Verde and this little chap came to say hello. He was from a litter of strays that live on the beach. Sad. Yes, we would take him home if we could.
He is so adorable you have to keep him

Or send him by fun express to me lol ill have him

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Whilst celebrating the New year on a Spanish Service we were joined by 6 adorable 8 or 9 week old kittens that live there in the bushes by the Hotel. They all got some turkey left overs. A bit later I heard some noise in the van and two of them had climbed into my A class engine compartment, for an illegal trip to england or maybe warmth. One would have replaced my recently departed Woodle. But alas in Spain it would have cost me a load of money, so I had to sound the horn to remove them and checked next day that they had not retururned.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Whilst celebrating the New year on a Spanish Service we were joined by 6 adorable 8 or 9 week old kittens that live there in the bushes by the Hotel. They all got some turkey left overs. A bit later I heard some noise in the van and two of them had climbed into my A class engine compartment, for an illegal trip to england or maybe warmth. One would have replaced my recently departed Woodle. But alas in Spain it would have cost me a load of money, so I had to sound the horn to remove them and checked next day that they had not retururned.
Does it cost a lot to bring them back to UK

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Do the dogs have to go into quarantine if they have a rabies jab still over here. Or before you can take them home to Britain. Or do they stay over there for X amount of weeks ?

We’d be terrible .
We’d want to smuggle all the puppies home under the bed in Pug :Eeek:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Do the dogs have to go into quarantine if they have a rabies jab still over here. Or before you can take them home to Britain. Or do they stay over there for X amount of weeks ?

We’d be terrible .
We’d want to smuggle all the puppies home under the bed in Pug :Eeek:
The Pet Passport scheme relates entirely to bringing animals into the UK. So the regulations apply whether the animal originated within the UK or was to be brought in from elsewhere. Provided the vet chosen to administer the rabies jab was based in a country listed by the PP scheme the process will be the same as when a pet is taken on holiday. All assuming the animal is currently free of the disease.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back