Little things I like about France (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I find traffic lights with there 2 sets very helpful , 1 set up high & 1 small set low down , simple but effective .

Traffic lights at road works that count down in seconds , so you now how long before it's your turn.

Most car parks FREE , other than by the coast. small villages very welcoming.

the aires system , some free & most others quite reasonably priced & a lot of them are in beautiful area's

Boulangerie & small local supermarkets , their staff that greet you with bonjour as you enter.

Love there bread , I don't normally eat white (only eat wholemeal in UK) , but over there eat as much as I can

I ensure that I don't order /request in my pigeon french the artisan loafs / pains, too crusty & full of holes

also love there apple turnovers / tarts , wife loves fruit pastries & tarts.

I suspect there will be a similar thread stared soon about things people dislike about France

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Just returned after 3 weeks, miss the common courtesy shown by all. Superb coffee, friendly service, good wine . Could go on and on, yes would love to live full time but can't convince wife yet (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Yes BUT we agree the beer is expensive but if that's all. We can live with it.

I seldom drink beer, but when I do I like a decent measure :).
Germany 2015 006.JPG

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I find traffic lights with there 2 sets very helpful , 1 set up high & 1 small set low down , simple but effective .

Traffic lights at road works that count down in seconds , so you now how long before it's your turn.

Most car parks FREE , other than by the coast. small villages very welcoming.

the aires system , some free & most others quite reasonably priced & a lot of them are in beautiful area's

Boulangerie & small local supermarkets , their staff that greet you with bonjour as you enter.

Love there bread , I don't normally eat white (only eat wholemeal in UK) , but over there eat as much as I can

I ensure that I don't order /request in my pigeon french the artisan loafs / pains, too crusty & full of holes

also love there apple turnovers / tarts , wife loves fruit pastries & tarts.

I suspect there will be a similar thread stared soon about things people dislike about France

I think you have probably summed it up nicely.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Andouille sausage. Oh hang on a minute, my mistake, they taste vile and are a reason to avoid France completely.
That's a bit extreme !
Johnny foreigner must think we're odd eating haggis, black pudding and Frey Bentos pies but they still come here for all the delightful offerings of the UK

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The coffee is superb, and the pastries, fresh vegetables, fruit, roads, clean streets.......

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Love it too that's why we live here.
Us too :) Miss all of these things when in the UK but then i eat lots of UK treats I miss too lol But a good ides I no longer live there or would be the size of a house lol Too much choice

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
That's a bit extreme !
Johnny foreigner must think we're odd eating haggis, black pudding and Frey Bentos pies but they still come here for all the delightful offerings of the UK
They eat a whole lot more black pudding in France than here. They have several festivals to celebrate it. It's called boudin noir. And it's delicious. They even do a white version.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I like that the French are polite, youngsters respect everyone and are confident enough to throw a Bonjour at you when they’ve only just learnt to talk.
They love their leisure time and love to talk to you.
And everything else the OP said.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back