Little Snitch (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A firewall protects your computer against unwanted guests from the Internet. But who protects your private data from being sent out or software calling home ?

I installed Little Snitch on the Mac and was amazed how many applications try to call home.. and Google is one of the worst offenders.. using LS you can allow or deny access ..

Little Snitch informs you whenever a program attempts to establish an outgoing Internet connection. You can then choose to allow or deny this connection, or define a rule how to handle similar, future connection attempts. This reliably prevents private data from being sent out without your knowledge. Little Snitch runs inconspicuously in the background and it can also detect network related activity of viruses, trojans and other malware.

Does anyone know of a similar program for Windows ?

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes, Zone Alarm is the one.

I never had any compatibility problems with AVG before I switched to MSE.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Zonealarm internet security suite (IIRC £35 for three pc's) gives firewall - this is the bit that stops programs accessing the internet without your permission - and anti-virus and anti-spyware/malware protection.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for the information..

Question,
I thought a firewall only stopped or prevented attacks from the outside , does it also stop unwanted connections FROM the PC ie, programs phoning home ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks for the information..

Question,
I thought a firewall only stopped or prevented attacks from the outside , does it also stop unwanted connections FROM the PC ie, programs phoning home ?

Most firewalls do only stop attacks from outside. That is why Zone Alarm is so popular, being one of few that stop outgoing access.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back