Little known fact .. Euro tunnel (2 Viewers)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Euro Tunnel....A little known fact... There is a black dump facility this end... If you drive to the coach area ..way over... There s a drive overand a hose to flush the tanks... Provided free .. It is used mainly by the coaches the have on board toilets.

Bob:thumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
There must be more dump facilities spread over the country, if we did but know them. Ports, Coach stations, etc.

Any Coach Drivers about, who have this information?

When I ran coaches I was not aware of any dumps but that was in the late 60s to mid 70s.

John

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Do not park and stay too long in close proximity to the free facility as the users of it are, in my experience, not very particular in clearing away any mess they have disposed of.

Wearing gloves and wellies are to be recommended.

In other words - it stinks!

:france::france::france:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
my son use to drive continental coach

There must be more dump facilities spread over the country, if we did but know them. Ports, Coach stations, etc.

Any Coach Drivers about, who have this information?

When I ran coaches I was not aware of any dumps but that was in the late 60s to mid 70s.

John

My son used to drive continental coaches via the tunnel. Hence the fact he used to dump at the tunnel before he boarded the train.

Bob:Blush:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
a few service stations have them on m,ways .there is one at stratford on avon in the coach park.
just keep your eyes open.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Dump

I'm from Manchester, it's only the blue half that's a dump!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I used to live near Manchester. Nice to see that at least part of the city has improved so much that it is now a dump. Wonder how long the rest will take to catch up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I now live on the outskirts of Middlesbrough - now that is a dump :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Do not park and stay too long in close proximity to the free facility as the users of it are, in my experience, not very particular in clearing away any mess they have disposed of.

Wearing gloves and wellies are to be recommended.

In other words - it stinks!

:france::france::france:

That is the reason the hose is provided. It is not to clean your tank out, but to leave the area clean after use.

On the continent you can find these areas in the coach area of most autoroute service areas and they are clearly sign posted with the Motorhome dump sign, at the disposal point and on the signs as you approach the services. They are all drive over and like those in Aires have built in flush facilities.

A list of these facilities with coordinates would be very usefull for those of us who travel.

So far we have
Channel Tunnel, UK side Coach Area.
Stratford Service Area ? More details please Alan

John

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've used a few, but remember these coaches just dump it with a switch on the inside. The first one we drove over was I think in the Disney aire not long after it was built. It was hilarious because we were in an RV but we had to get out to pull levers, which meant standing on the grill, right after another coach had just dumped, Wearing wellies, one hand in the lever, the other on the nose, it wasn't pleasant. ::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi jim well you know the answer .get a leccy valve.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Just an aside to this post

Today we had the job of dumping the black tank.. was not full, but as it was quite on the site this morning we decided to do it... Now as JIM knows once I am set up it would take for ever to pack down to move the RV.. so I put the tote beside the rear of the RV.. connected the macerator and filled the tote... ok now it is to heavy to move... I get sue to back the scooter (my buggy) up and with a rope I tie it to the far crash bar.. just getting the front end of the tote off the ground... with that I head of to the dump (drive over).. sue follows me up pushing the wheelchair.. I undo the rope and lower the tote.. Sue goes and turns the flush hose on and I open the valve and 25 ltrs gone.... had to do that twice... but the system worked and we have not had to up route the camp.

A quick fill up of the water while I was in the mood and we are set for another 5 to 6 days.

But a electric dump valve is a good idea.. would not have helped me ... I could have used the 3" hose to dump down with, but the macerater with the control of the power switch is safer when you have a lot more than 25 ltrs to dispose of.

Bob:Blush:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Possibly Alan may mean what is actually called Warwick Services on the M40?

Otherwise I think there is actually a coach park somewhere in SuA itself but no idea where or what it has, as never had to go there by coach LOL (I have been by bus though)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no. riverside carpark in stratford upon avon . tried toput up the name board but it wont let me . its just across the road from where all the narrow boats anchor up. i call it the bottom end of town.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, if you google map it .its just behind the leisure center .big car parks .truck parks and a coach park.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back