Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Not a clue but all I know is that lithium in very short supply at present. And the way you manage them important. at least from my knowledge with e bike batteries

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Ummm. £355 for 30ah, April fools!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's not an April fool and from what I've heard they are very good. One of the advantages of them is they can be very quick to recharge, assuming you have the right recharging equipment and they are not harmed by being run down to zero charge.

Downside is they are currently eye-wateringly expensive - about ten times the price of lead acid types but you need a decent capacity, 20Ah isn't a lot of use for most cases so you are going to have to fork out something like £2K to get a reasonable capacity. :)

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
aimed at motor movers in this ad. but could have its uses else where. i wouild need atleast 6 to replace what i have so give it a miss for now

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
At that price I would stick with standard lead acid at about £80 for a 110aH ( which will get MORE usable power as the LiOn unit advertised ) and chuck it away every three years.. LiOn are very good but not THAT good

On the other hand, to be fair, the advertised price is about on the button..
Shame they are not exactly honest and mention the fact you will have to change all your charging systems ( hook up, solar and of course what is delivered to the battery from the engine when going along ) or it will last about 5 minutes !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back