Lithium Batteries Less Than Half Price, Fitted Free - small catch (1 Viewer)

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Form filled in - and since I just fitted a VictronConnect Smartshunt to monitor battery capacity / utilisation and Solar output, it would be great if I could do that against a lovely new lithium!!

🤞🏻

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Hi Jim
Happy New Year.
I filled in the form about 10 mins after you posted the offer but forgot to send a message saying I had done so.
Have been considering changing my leisure battery to achieve more flexibility from our lead one, and also to getting a b to b charging unit and some form of solar, to again give more flexibility.
As our van is 20 yrs young, I am mindful of just how much to continue spending to remain economical versus usage amount and this offer ticks all my current areas of thinking.
Realise I may need to change some charging equipment and / or install additional, but that is to possibly be expected.
As a relative new motorhomer, giving reviews would also help me with my understanding and learning of habitation electrics and usage.
Seems like a very fair offer. 👍

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Why do people start pulling down a company that is prepared for you, the user to try and see how good they are and write unbiased reports back . They are putting their name on the line. Let’s see what reports we get back before knocking them.

Colyboy

ps I have just bought two at the full price and about to fit them. I will also being reporting on them here.
Because some people are only happy when they are moaning,,,BUSBY..

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
RVing 11 years and caraving/motorhoming all my life.
Interested but I will need 4 batteries,

I have a total of 6 batteries 2 engine and 4 leisure batterys.

Would thay do 4 ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Too much to list in all honesty.. and I only watched a couple of his offerings.. not good for my blood pressure as I ended up shouting NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the screen !!!!
I'm with you on that, I started watching him when I he had his old ducato pvc and he changed the rear springs, but then he started recommending various "upgrades" to his followers and then was planning of starting a "remote consultant business" on YouTube I've never watched one since.

Mind you, I've really just stopped watching most of the "influenceres" who are presented with gear/tools/upgrades to review so us mugs can buy them!

Feb 5, 2019
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick xl
Exp
Lots 15 year's caravans, now camperVan
You might have seen the advert in the magazine for EcoTree Lithium They have approached me this week with an offer that might be good for you if you are thinking of upgrading to Lithium

They want to offer up to 5 Funsters the opportunity to buy one of their £699 batteries for just £300.

Well, to be able to reduce the weight of my two 100amp to one and the same power would be wonderful.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Good luck everyone, we would like to go over to lithium but can’t go for this offer due to being in Spain. Anyway it’ll be interesting to see the reviews, eventually!......

Feb 5, 2019
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick xl
Exp
Lots 15 year's caravans, now camperVan
I will have to make a draw for this tomorrow as there are more members who would like to take them up on this deal than the 5 they have on offer. Hundreds more! :D
Hundreds of applications! sounds like a lot of future business if they do a great deal for ALL of us. I would buy it! Who else would?

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Hundreds of applications! sounds like a lot of future business if they do a great deal for ALL of us. I would buy it! Who else would?
Probably me, but the £300 reduction right now would go towards upgrading/ fitting new chargers if needed presently.
At full price I would need to save a while longer to fit all the possible gubbins needed.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
I've completed the form, in hope, considering how many have, we have a B2B and victron battery monitor and 300w of solars. Not sure about the Dethleffs charger however, perhaps someone else knows about it, we have the Trend T 7057 EB 2017

Carol

PS not sure if I was supposed to follow the other thread?

Doozer

Free Member
Feb 24, 2019
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Just seen this and filled out the form, I hope I’m not too late to be included as it’s a great offer, thanks Jim

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The data sheet says 100A max for each charge/discharge which is pretty poor and possibly why you want to contact them ;)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
my batteries are shot and as were not likley to move till may i was hoping to get another season out of them but seeing this offer ive put my name in the hat
however in not hopefull as ive been known to lose a one tickert raffle

paulando

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Transporter
The data sheet says 100A max for each charge/discharge which is pretty poor and possibly why you want to contact them ;)
From my understanding it is what you take out of the battery that you can put back in over a time period.
100ah battery @ 1hr discharge you can draw 100ah, you then can put 100 amps back in to recharge in an hour.
300ah battery @ 1hr discharge you draw 300ah however it appears the BMS is set to accept 100 amps to recharge so 3 hours recharge.
Not like lead or AGM/ GEL which can take up to 10 hours to reach full capacity.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Think the only thing I ever won in a raffle was a rabbit. Kept it for a while but cant remember now whether we ate it.
So will be just my luck that I win the opportunity to have one of these and when I get there for the install they cant do it because the battery charger in the van is not compatible. Certainly no intention of paying for a new one of those, however, the solar controller has lithium settings.
So much for drop in replacements?

paulando

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Transporter
Think the only thing I ever won in a raffle was a rabbit. Kept it for a while but cant remember now whether we ate it.
So will be just my luck that I win the opportunity to have one of these and when I get there for the install they cant do it because the battery charger in the van is not compatible. Certainly no intention of paying for a new one of those, however, the solar controller has lithium settings.
So much for drop in replacements?
If your battery charger is able to charge AGM batteries it will have the same algorithm needed for the lithium. Check to see what charge setting are on the charger. You never know that rabbit might be your luck again.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
You
From my understanding it is what you take out of the battery that you can put back in over a time period.
100ah battery @ 1hr discharge you can draw 100ah, you then can put 100 amps back in to recharge in an hour.
300ah battery @ 1hr discharge you draw 300ah however it appears the BMS is set to accept 100 amps to recharge so 3 hours recharge.
Not like lead or AGM/ GEL which can take up to 10 hours to reach full capacity.
You are getting mixed up there. Power and energy. The 300ah is the total of energy stored. The draw power in A is the peak draw quoted. So for the 300ah batt a draw of 100a represents a 0,3C draw and charge. C is total capacity. Some batteries are capable of 3C max draw, that would be out of that 300ah a discharge of 900A peak draw.
saying that a 0,3C draw is a respectable limit, with a aim at 0,2C for long life. Any more specific power density, you will need to change chemistry, like in power tools with a 25C discharge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back